WANTED: spare wheel for 36 Buick 60 series

flackmaster

I think the 50 series  1935 wheel has the same dimensions.   your center hole is - I believe a 3.5" and a 5-1/2 " bolt circle.   double check as I have a 35-50 series car and I think it matches what you need for your 1936 - 60 series.      oldbuickjim@gmail.com   e-mail me and we will check and verify.      Buick had at least 3 sizes of wheels in '35'.    40 series, 5" bolt circle.   50 series, 5-1/2" bolt circle  and 60 series,  with a 6" bolt circle.   

5 hours ago, Jim Nelson said:

I think the 50 series  1935 wheel has the same dimensions.   your center hole is - I believe a 3.5" and a 5-1/2 " bolt circle.   double check as I have a 35-50 series car and I think it matches what you need for your 1936 - 60 series.      oldbuickjim@gmail.com   e-mail me and we will check and verify.      Buick had at least 3 sizes of wheels in '35'.    40 series, 5" bolt circle.   50 series, 5-1/2" bolt circle  and 60 series,  with a 6" bolt circle.   

1936 60 Series wheel is 15", one year, one model only.

Well,  lots of luck.    Have you tried using Craigs list,  E-Bay,  or if nothing is available,  you might just change to 16"   Artillery wheels.      BTW,   the 50 series wheels are also becoming a rare item.    I found a  34. 'Ford'   17" wire wheels set that matches my 35 'Buick'  wheels.   They were an option on my '35' Buick.  so I put them on my '35-58' series Vicky.     I know,  its not stock (17" vs 16") to use them (35-50 series )  but very few people will know the difference.   If your '36' is nice,  enjoy driving it.    ? And  even try BCA  Bugle in the back - 'wanted' section.   Maybe Hemmings Motor monthly.    Maybe  - were Wire wheels  an option on the 36 Buick.     Again,   it might be an option - non stock - but Buick nuts like me won't know if it was - in fact - a option on the '36'.       There were many more 'Ford' wire wheels - that are out there,  if you choose that option.    Do the 60 series wheels from the '37'  fit?   Fewer option as we get older along with our nice Buicks.  

D9E17485-5AD6-4728-8627-7E9CB3F4ED72.jpeg

I think you might need to change to 5" bolt circle wheels.  (with adapters).     Then more 15"  wheels will be available.    Long story but I changed my hubs to a 5" b.c. for other reasons.   Not obvious to any but the sharp eyed  1935-50 series owners.    I don't show my cars - other than just for information,  so not being super accurate is not critical at shows.     I just enjoy driving my Buicks and answering questions about our neat  30's vintage cars.    Just some history for the youngsters .   

• Like 1

• 1 month later...