1948 Dodge 12 volt conversion

RetiredFireLt

Just bought 1948 Dodge Sedan orig flathead six with late 70's chevy truck transmission installed.  Has been partially converted to 12 v. Dont know what or how much was done. Car runs and drives great, Headlights and brake lights work, turn signals flash rapidly. Heat gauge & oil pressure seems to work properly but no other gauges working including speedometer, Amps, fuel. Interior light works but no radio. Wipers operate properly.  Starter seems to turn over rather quickly.  Any advice on where to look or what to do from here would be appreciated.

Heat and oil are not concerned with voltage. Speedometer should be mechanical as well, so voltage does not matter.  I bypassed the Amp on mine and use a volt meter.Fuel will need a reducer, called ,I think, a Runtz.  Radio will need a Voltage reducer or change to 12V. There are folks that do that. I just unhooked mine. Starter and blower motors will juist run faster. No problem with doing so.  Starter may eventually fail.  I replaced mine with a high tork "mini" starter. Some of the signal bulbs may be burned out.

Ben

• Like 1