Forum policy question.

As this is a new account, I couldn't message an admin directly, so this seemed like the best place to ask this question:

Are there any policies I need to be aware of for a post like this one?  We aren't offering a product, just looking to acquire pieces that may allow us to offer one in the future.  I just want to make sure we won't be running afoul of any policies when asking for help with something like this.

Post follows:

We are a design/prototyping company that is in the process of building a replica of the 1934 Plymouth schooner hood ornament, and we are trying to get our hands on more pieces of originals.  We are using 3D scanning equipment to generate a model of the original so that we can 3D print replicas from aluminum.

What we have currently is a heavily damaged 1934 (I believe) base that has been ground down in the past to try and hide that it was broken so badly. As well as large portion of a 1935 ornament that is missing parts as well.

We have a somewhat workable model that we have been able to generate from 3D scanning and merging the two pieces, but we are looking for a more intact base and possibly a foresail, as that is completely missing from the pieces we have.

I've attached photos of the parts we have and our current model.

ornament pieces.jpg

model screenshot.png

• Like 1