1935 Studebaker Dictator 1a coupe

I formerly looked for a car like this for almost twenty years. I bid on one in the McDonald auction in Yakama Wa. twenty years ago-it went to a street rodder in Canada. Then there was one on eBay about twelve years ago. I was outbid by another street rodder. In the last thirty years I have only seen one original running driving 1935 Dictator coupe. That car came in to the Intl meet in Colorado Springs, on Saturday after almost everyone had left The car was family owned and not for sale. Prior to that I had really thought that none had survived. Please let us know!

Edited by Buffalowed Bill (see edit history)
  • Like 2

On 3/12/2022 at 12:26 AM, John P. said:

Will do! I'm gonna jump on it tomorrow morning. I'm actually looking for a mid 30's Buick coupe. I have a feeling I'm gonna get familiar with Studebaker's and bring this back to it's Glory.

if you haven't joined, you WILL need this. https://antiquestudebakerclub.org/

• Like 1

On 3/11/2022 at 10:06 AM, John P. said:

282828475_Screenshot_20220311-0909422.png.76367877473c25a3db5843d57bd1dcec.pngHi.  I just came across a 35 dictator coupe for sale . Was wondering how rare of a find and what would be good price to purchase. It's all original , not running and no cancer spots

This is a very nice example of an unmolested 1930's car, and it accurately shows how most were equipped in that era, no cigar lighter, no clock, no radio, and appears none were ever added over the years.  And I'm going to assume it did come with blackwall tires as well when it was brand new.

Craig

• Like 3

• 8 months later...