Hiding a Topic...

Is it possible to hide an entire topic (not my own)...?

There have been recent topics which begin in a benign manner but veer in a direction which is unsettling to me.  I have "ignored" users (which certainly helps).  However, seeing the bolded topic over & over (which I don't again open) raises my blood pressure...

Yes..., I am very particular about the media which crosses my eyes and ears...

Searching didn't provide an answer.

Thanks,

Paul

1 hour ago, Ben Bruce aka First Born said:

ARE YOU SERIOUS?

Yes..., I am quite serious...  I visit this site to relax, learn, and contribute when I'm able.  Topics which are mostly opinion driven and not very technical sometimes get heated (IMHO)...  I respect the opinions of others but would like to not see the bolded topic again and again.

56 minutes ago, alsancle said:

Paul,  which threads are you talking about?  

The "1949 rodded Cadillac Coupe" was the most recent one.  A "squirting" contest (IMHO) developed between two or more individuals and rudeness was present. 

There have been others but I've put them out of my mind. 

I've been around long enough to know that staying out of the discussion is best for me.   

Thanks,

Paul

Edited by pfloro (see edit history)
14 hours ago, pfloro said:

Topics which are mostly opinion driven and not very technical sometimes get heated (IMHO)...  I respect the opinions of others but would like to not see the bolded topic again and again.

The "1949 rodded Cadillac Coupe" was the most recent one.  A "squirting" contest (IMHO) developed between two or more individuals and rudeness was present.

Paul

I just re-visited that thread, and found no rudeness. Apparently those remarks were deleted??

There were some opinionated posts, but they are just that. Opinions.

I saw no name calling to other forum members.

As far as "heated," perhaps we disagree on what "heated" means.

• Thanks 1