Vintage Air mod

jframe

Never liked rotary controls on my Vintage Air, so I replaced them with sliders to look, well, more vintage. Had a hot rod shop fab me up a new plate and added texture to it to make it a little more like my '65 dash. I also added a USB where the cig lighter goes to play music through my Custom AutoSound radio. Little things do make a difference.20220224_165203.jpg.f07708e435744aed74d3e9727b1f8a8a.jpg

20220308_191153.jpg

• Like 6

They should market that slider & plate. Or strike a deal w Vintage Air, since they are already reproducing their logo. Anyhoo you really lucked out. There's a few hot rod shops here in Orlando, but none (that I know of) have the ability to fabricate a part of that quality. How 'bout throwing us a bone & give them a shout out at the same time.       p.s. Hey Schmiddy!  Good to see your voice! 

• Like 1

Just now, RIVNIK said:

They should market that slider & plate. Or strike a deal w Vintage Air, since they are already reproducing their logo. Anyhoo you really lucked out. There's a few hot rod shops here in Orlando, but none (that I know of) have the ability to fabricate a part of that quality. How 'bout throwing us a bone & give them a shout out at the same time.       p.s. Hey Schmiddy!  Good to see your voice! 

The plate that they fabbed up is actually the one the controller mounts into. The label across the front comes with the Vintage Air controller, and they supply an additional label that mounts the unit vertically, if you so desire. What this shop did was take the original bezel that mounted the a/c and heater controls in the car from Buick, cut the middle out so my controller would pass thru, then fabbed the plate to go over the opening for the bezel on the contoller to seat. Expoxied it to the original bezel, then gave it a bit of a textured finish in an attempt to make it look as original as possible, then painted it. Pro-Align Collision in Athens, Alabama did the work; about 45 miles East of me. They do quite a bit of not just restoration and fab work, but repair work as well. I highly recommend them.

3 hours ago, frenchy51 said:

I'm in the process of installing Vintage in my '64. I contacted them and they came up with a way to use 3 of my original slider controls for heat and AC....Part #960-473266. Also compressor & Alt. bracket system #960-151102.  (Gen. 4)

Post a picture when you get it, please!

11 hours ago, Seafoam65 said:

Mark.......is there a way you can rotate the slider switch bezel a litlle? It is mounted a little

crooked right now with the right side lower than the left side. Agreed, the slider switches look much better!

It has a locknut on the backside with a bracket to hold it in place. I can prolly loosen that nut and twist it just a little.