Owner's manuals at AACA library

There will be a large addition to the manual collection of the DBC available soon. It is all scanned material, earliest Book of Information is 1920. But the rest of the manuals are from 1927 to 1939, most of which we did not have before. Includes 4, 6, and 8 cylinder information. Copies will be available from AACA library just like all of our other literature. This is labeled the Burchill collection on both the list on the DBC site and to AACA library. Most are owner's manuals, but some are Service Tool manuals and parts lists. There is also a DB/GB truck Master Parts Book from 1927, should help some of you truck guys. Take a look at the DBC site for the list and print dates in the Garage section. The list will be posted soon. We need a Senior owner's manual if anyone has one they could scan and send to me. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

38 minutes ago, nearchoclatetown said:

There will be a large addition to the manual collection of the DBC available soon. It is all scanned material, earliest Book of Information is 1920. But the rest of the manuals are from 1927 to 1939, most of which we did not have before. Includes 4, 6, and 8 cylinder information. Copies will be available from AACA library just like all of our other literature. This is labeled the Burchill collection on both the list on the DBC site and to AACA library. Most are owner's manuals, but some are Service Tool manuals and parts lists. There is also a DB/GB truck Master Parts Book from 1927, should help some of you truck guys. Take a look at the DBC site for the list and print dates in the Garage section. The list will be posted soon. We need a Senior owner's manual if anyone has one they could scan and send to me. 

What model Senior Doug ?

4 hours ago, nearchoclatetown said:

Your bloods worth bottling Doug for all the work you do scanning at the library. It will be there for years to come for many to look at because of you. 👍👍👍👍

Thank you. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, nearchoclatetown said:

Color me stupid Ron. I don't know Senior models. Any would do at this point because we don't have any. Can/would you scan and email it to me?

Doug, The SENIORS came in 3 models those made in 27 were the 2249 series those made up until the end of May 28 were the 2251 Series and then came the 2252 series I believe the DB series was a continuation of the Senior Series that ran into 1930-31 I have an owners manual for a 2249 and one for  a 2252 series that i can copy for you It wont be straight away as at present I have still only the use of 1 arm 

50 minutes ago, nearchoclatetown said:

Now if someone could just explain how 10 or 20 thousand pages of information can be put on one those little hootenannies they call a thumbdrive. 

No sh%& ! 

I'm convinced if someone would give us old timers that crash course on uploading, downloading and how a computers thumb works you'd be seeing a lot more of us sending scans for the DBC and the AACA libraries. Anymore I'm trying to figure out how to get my thumbs to work properly so trying to figure out a computer thumb is next to impossible these days.

Image result for fumbling with computer old man gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1