Help on a Water Pump

oldford

16 hours ago, oldford said:

78 views and not a clue?

I'm thinking a tractor or power unit. Something only crank start as the shaft stops at the pump and does not drive a generator or ignition system behind it. Dandy Dave! 

Had a neighbor years ago that would tell me about a Star car he had. He would tell me that he lit in on fire and let it burn before junking it. Kicked himself in later years for doing that. Should have pushed it in a barn an kept it he would say.

Rugby truck..... Are you in Australia by any chance?

Rugby was the name of Star vehicles exported to the British Empire. The auto name of Star was copyrighted by and used on a British built car before during and after the run of the Durant Motors.

Marine??   It was not unknown for these to be put in boats, Continental may also have sold them for marine use.

Windmill??  Would not be surprised that someone somewhere attached one to a windmill to pump water during a still day!

Continental engines, "Powerful as the Nation" was the slogan, were used in all sorts of farm and industrial equipment also. Worked on some in the past. Don't remember seeing one with a water pump that far back on the block though. Dandy Dave!