Obsolete Weather Stripping 1937 Lasalle Series 50

ClayC

I am helping a friend to try and find various rubber parts to put his '37 Lasalle back together. I am at a dead end with the rear Quarter Windows. Does anyone know if another year model or even another manufacturer's window weatherstrip will work for this car? 

caddy window.jpg

Steele Rubber helps. Funny what google doesnt turn up in a search. I guess we will have to order a set of what they are calling "Quarter Vent Weather Strip"....although there is some diagram I have seen multiple times that show 46 3/4". These windows are no where near that circumference but I cant make out what this diagram is trying to show.

3dc35231362e849232c7d2ef86c4.jpg

To be honest I don't really know what series car this is. Its a 4 door, has a strange vin plate. I am a 70's model Japanese car guy, I am totally lost with these Caddy's from the 30's!

The Steele Rubber page for rear quarter vent windows is here:  https://www.steelerubber.com/steele-rubber-home-restoration-parts-vent-window-quarter-vent-window-rubber

My 2003 Steele catalog shows p/n 38-0023-76 for many Cadillac models  1934-37.  Other possible p/n's are 38-0017-76, 38-0028-76, and 38-0024-76.

I have my series 60 rear vent windows out, and did a very quick crude measurement with a tape measure, see attached… the 46” may not be far off.  I think diagram shows the rubber piece laid flat, the “circles” in that diagram are depicting the top and bottom post holes in the rubber for the window pivot, and the detail enlargement of the end shows how it is molded.  Because the window will swing out on the rearward edge and swing in on the leading edge, the rubber is on opposite sides of the center line.

I need to figure this out myself because I need to order the same seals!

Terry

20220308_200816.jpg

20220308_200804.jpg