1927 Caddilac Model 314 - $37,000 (Lake Grove NY)

https://longisland.craigslist.org/cto/d/lake-grove-1927-caddilac-model-314/7441786562.html

1927 Caddilac Model 314 - $37,000 (Lake Grove NY)

00s0s_8LrUAxnfy0wz_0x20oM_600x450.jpg

00i0i_kHUpxXpz1hOz_0x20oM_600x450.jpg

© craigslist - Map data © OpenStreetMap
10 Russet Lane near Hallock Road

(google map)

1927 1927 Caddilac Model 314

condition: like new
cylinders: 8 cylinders
fuel: gas
odometer: 54000
title status: clean
transmission: manual

1927 Caddilac Model 314 5 window coupe sedan. wheel base 138 inches.V8 Flat Head. Maroon and beige exterior and Brown interior. Call Jerry at 631-471-5673. Best offer. 54,000 miles. Phone Calls only!

• do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers

post id: 7441786562

posted: 25 days ago

updated: about 19 hours ago

42 minutes ago, suchan said:

Any suggestions as to how the paint job on this "Caddilac" can be fixed?

I'm guessing it's gonna be a while before the estate gets settled.

Lose the whitewalls and paint the body the fender color?

I like those Victoria coupe bodies.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Leif in Calif said:

Geez! Non original colors really are the number one mistake! 

It’s an anti theft device!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• 1 month later...

Price went UP $3k from when I first posted about 2 months ago...  Is not being a full classic holding it back (in addition to the paint and wide whites?)?  

On 4/25/2022 at 12:21 PM, 63RedBrier said:

Price went UP $3k from when I first posted about 2 months ago...  Is not being a full classic holding it back (in addition to the paint and wide whites?)?  

Actually , I believe 314's are full classics. It seems to me Cadillac from 1925 and up make the approved list unless something has recently changed .

"Cadillac – 1915-1947 All 1948 – Series 75," pulled directly from Official list of Approved CCCA Full Classics.  So, ALL Cadillac's built from 1915 to 1947 are considered Full Classics?

I don't really follow the CCCA too much. Although I like a lot of the cars, their major focus is a bit newer than my favorite eras. I know that for a longtime, the smaller Cadillacs of the late 1930s and early 1940s, were not accepted as full Classics, Just as the smaller Packards those same years were not. I had heard a rumor recently that the CCCA had expanded their list to include all Cadillacs of those years. I don't know about the postwar to 1948 Cadillacs, and I don't know if they are considering expanding the Packards as well?

Drawing those lines, as I have explained in many previous threads, is not difficult? IT IS IMPOSSIBLE to draw such lines and make everybody happy! Some people are going to be unhappy because you didn't include them and their car. As many others will be unhappy because you included too many other cars!

I sure like that 1918 Cadillac!

On 4/27/2022 at 10:35 AM, 1912Staver said:

Actually , I believe 314's are full classics. It seems to me Cadillac from 1925 and up make the approved list unless something has recently changed .

Due to rapidly declining membership EVERYTHING may be a "Full" Classic soon.  Only partially joking.  They are accepting grocery getter LaSalles now.   Most of us respect the mission of the CCCA but I never got over the snootiness of "Full" Classic.  Name it something else. 

Don't refer to a member's car as a Full Classic, that implies there are "less than" Full Classics, many of which were declined for "exclusive" membership for the last 40 years but are now all of a sudden a "Full Classic."   The AACA has it right, inclusion of all cars in a year range, next!   

I hope the CCCA goes the way of the Milestone Car Society.  Then the former "Full Classics" can pony up to the not so full classics on the show field and tours.  

On 4/28/2022 at 6:15 AM, 63RedBrier said:

"Cadillac – 1915-1947 All 1948 – Series 75," pulled directly from Official list of Approved CCCA Full Classics.  So, ALL Cadillac's built from 1915 to 1947 are considered Full Classics?

No, only series 75 according to your comment.  In fact, most series that were not production mass produced are Full Classics and that list is ever expanding to include production Cadillacs, Packards and so on.  

The bottom line is the CCCA is dying, and the membership is aging rapidly and unable to steer and shift their massive classic era high end cars.  So, the CCCA added the automatics from Cadillac, especially 1941-1948, so that members could drive them on tours.  Now - that is a majority of tour driven cars, especially by the 65 + age crowd.  A few younger 2nd or 3rd generation guys have older cars, but by and large CCCA members will bring the 1941 Cadillacs with Hydramatics out for the tours.  

On 4/28/2022 at 4:15 AM, 63RedBrier said:

Yes,  The CCCA list, for Cadillac, is missing a coma after 1915-1947 All.    Series 75 applies to the model year 1948.