1928 - 29 Studebaker Dictator Parts Last Call Parts for sale Last call

(S)

Last call!         Parting out  1928 Studebaker Dictator       Last call   !!  

SOme of the internal engine parts even look good.   Diff looks serviceable.    Last call its going bye. 

This one I have is  Ser #  1427942  Eng number 18967     127261 -1 Cyl head.     113 inch WB   

I think it is a GE Dictator. 

1928 GE  Dictator 054.jpg

1928 GE  Dictator 055.jpg

1928 GE  Dictator 056.jpg

Edited by (S)
pictures ! (see edit history)

I had made arrangements to take it to him for 500 bucks total, but if the parts do not interchange, it will be for sale again.  Its in NW Washington and I was taking it down to Kent, WA. .  I can take farther, but would need fuel costs covered.   I have a list on what is not pictured but included. I have more pics.  There are many goodies still on it.   

I thought I had the parts books to help you but I don't have a listing for a 1928 Commander. Your car is in fact a GE dictator type 2 (they made three model changes or type of GE's). From my parts book your brake shoes are part #127775. The 29 commander took shoes number 165559. The only thing that crosses from your car to the commander is the brake lining part #165716. That being said I don't have the numbers for a 1928 commander and knowing studebaker they could be different. Maybe some one on here has the part number for the 1928 commander.

Thank you very much.   He may not want any of this, so the car is for sale.  It is loaded on the truck and I need the truck .  

I can part it out, or sell it whole.  It is just a frame, part of an engine, front fenders in rough shape, gas tank, side panels, most of the brakes, and suspension....  Some external engine parts.

1928 GE  Dictator 057.jpg

1928 GE  Dictator 058.jpg

At this point, the person wanting it does not want it.    I can part it out.  All of it is available.  

The right fender has some old tears and welds.  It is solid enough in my opinion to use.  

I'd need to pluck the engine Henry, and get it apart.   

Anyone wanting things needs to speak up.  Parts are in NW Washington.  I can ship.

Fender is rough,  and F pump has 'cracking' from age.  I don't know if there is any way to repair these when they crack from age. ?

Working on pulling the engine up, so I can get the starter and bell housing. 

28 dictator fender F pump 001.jpg

28 dictator fender F pump 004.jpg

28 dictator fender F pump 002.jpg

28 dictator fender F pump 007.jpg

• (S) changed the title to 1928 - 29 Studebaker Dictator Parts Last Call Parts for sale Last call

Having trouble with the king pins.....  I got the lock bolt out,  but the pin wont drive out.   I tried driving it from the top down,  and also from the bottom up.  It won't budge.  ANy tips would be great.     I have it almost parted out now.  Shipping is available from NW Wa State. 

• 3 weeks later...

The intake went to Ontario,  the exhaust was poor condition.  The engine itself was actually good looking except for some rust in the bores and around the valves.  It had almost zero ridge.  I was going to save the internals and scrap the block.  

• 10 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I do.  Originally it was stuck and has rust pits on the case.  It looked really bad but it blew it out and oiled it/ cleaned it and put juice to it and it spins!  I was asking 80 bucks plus $24  shipping,  before I knew it worked but  I'll stick to the original price. 

Hey Mike I just took a look at the picture of the switch that you sent I also took a look at the picture on the post I think you were correct when you said I should buy the switch is that the switch that came off of that starter that I purchased if so I'd like to purchase it

Please look at the 7th picture down from the top.  This model used a different method.  look close at the rear of the block just above the bell housing.  It had a big plunger type switch , not a cable pull switch. 

• 3 months later...

I would like to purchase the oil filter that’s on the engine and I also saw that there was a fuel pump that was off the engine. I’d also consider purchasing that.
You get a hold of me at curt@misstep.net or 763-204-0536 is my phone number how d