Marvel carb parts

Lahti35

Good morning prewar Buick fans! While I have a different make it does share the same type of carb folks love to hate: the marvel updraft. I've been stealthily researching your trials and tribulations with these carbs for a month in preparation for rebuilding my own. 

I am however missing this part:

marvelpart.png.8760f42134c2d44cfca71a2c7c58616c.png

The little clip that holds the felt seal around the metering pin has flown the coop on my 1925 marvel. 

If anyone knows a source or has one they would part with please send me a message here on the forum.

Many thanks!

I recommend fabricating it by trial and error since the metering pin parts and related items seem to be HTF for all Marvel carbs.  That part looks easy to fab, and you could probably hand stamp and hand form it from softer materials like copper or aluminum since its function is felt retention for avoiding gas drips.

I recently made a cad drawing for my missing metering pin link arm and then 3D printed a prototype, then made the arm from metal as an example of helping extend the functional life of the Marvel carbs.  It was all trial and error, with the help of some meager and basic specs and info from the Buick and Marvel shop manuals.

Carbking might have more info for you.

3 hours ago, 32buick67 said:

I recommend fabricating it by trial and error since the metering pin parts and related items seem to be HTF for all Marvel carbs.  That part looks easy to fab, and you could probably hand stamp and hand form it from softer materials like copper or aluminum since its function is felt retention for avoiding gas drips.

I recently made a cad drawing for my missing metering pin link arm and then 3D printed a prototype, then made the arm from metal as an example of helping extend the functional life of the Marvel carbs.  It was all trial and error, with the help of some meager and basic specs and info from the Buick and Marvel shop manuals.

Carbking might have more info for you.

Thanks for the feedback! Fabbing with some brass stock is plan B, just thought i'd throw it out there in case someone has one on a parts carb. Carbking has some great posts on the forum, i've been reading up all I can. I plan to order my rebuild kit form him as soon as I get it off the car and apart. 

Thanks!

Larry,     Beautiful work.  Just like the originals.  You have an amazing talent to make all parts large and small.  Was not expecting to get the tinyiest of clevis pins.   Looking forward to swapping the spare carburetor in one of these days and puting it thru the paces.   Hugh

IMG_1106.JPG.025b9fa7a5b356ae9edc21e79db96fb6.JPG

Edited by Hubert_25-25 (see edit history)
  • Like 2