For Sale: 1978 Mercury Grand Marquis 4dr Sedan - $7,800 - Des Plaines, ILL - Not Mine

For Sale: 1978 Mercury Grand Marquis 4dr Sedan - $7,800 - Des Plaines, ILL

1978 Mercury Gr Marquis - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle... (craigslist.org)
Seller's Description:

Inherited Dad's creampuff, Last year of the full-size Luxury Sedans! Fully Loaded with all options (including 8-Track Quadraphonic Stereo!), hate to see it sitting outside, previously garage kept. Would be a real show winner, ALL ORIGINAL, no damage, no rust, runs and drives with exception of power steering pump (has leak) and front right window won't go down or up. Have seen two listed in Hemmings at $12-14K in MUCH worse shape. Asking $7800/OBO, no lowball ridiculous offers please. Cash Only, Clean and Clear Title in hand, no help needed in selling, thank you. Please text with phone number for best reply as I don't answer unknown callers, thanks again. If its listed, it's still for sale
Copy and paste in your email: 542868a8e38d3fecaf4669ddf561110b@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1978 Mercury Grand Marquis 4dr Sedan.

'78 Mercury Grand Maquis ILL a.jpg

'78 Mercury Grand Maquis ILL b.jpg

'78 Mercury Grand Maquis ILL c.jpg

'78 Mercury Grand Maquis ILL d.jpg

'78 Mercury Grand Maquis ILL e.jpg

'78 Mercury Grand Maquis ILL f.jpg

1 hour ago, B Jake Moran said:

Do any of you know whether those rims are rims or hubcaps?  I always see them on Lincoln Marks and love them, but I can not remember if they are "mag" wheels or just a fancy hubcap? 

Those are aluminum rims with center hubcaps that attached with screws iirc.  They were a popular option on Continental Mark IV & V plus other full-size Lincolns and Mercurys.

1 hour ago, B Jake Moran said:

Do any of you know whether those rims are rims or hubcaps?  I always see them on Lincoln Marks and love them, but I can not remember if they are "mag" wheels or just a fancy hubcap? 

As Steve answered above, they are rims (wheels).

When polished with aluminum polish, they

are much brighter than shown on this 1978 Mercury.

My own 1978 Lincoln Mark V has that type of wheel.

They might be identical except for the center piece:

1978 Lincoln Mark V--mine.jpg

• Like 2