Cost of restoration

RivNut

Wow, yes funny. There are so many things to add ha ha. One is cost of somewhere for the wife car to park because she no longer can park in the attached garage, with "I am not leaving my car outside in the winter" ringing in your head. Or somewhere for your car to go. Ask me how I know. 

IMG_0492.jpg

13 hours ago, RivVrgn said:

Wow, yes funny. There are so many things to add ha ha. One is cost of somewhere for the wife car to park because she no longer can park in the attached garage, with "I am not leaving my car outside in the winter" ringing in your head. Or somewhere for your car to go. Ask me how I know. 

IMG_0492.jpg

If only the city would allow it. 😢

They forgot the divorce lawyer's fees and the loss of half of your assets........these costs are

a very common result of doing a frame off restoration if your wife is not on board with the project.

We have seen this happen on this forum during the middle of a total restoration. The divorce lawyer

typically gets involved about the time that the car is completely dismantled, the wife's car has to sit

out in the driveway getting snowed on, and the engine and chassis are completed. We've had a couple of

Riviera frame -offs end up in divorce court since I've been reading this forum........Usually the resto is going

like gangbusters with the completed chassis on one side of the double garage, the untouched totally dismantled rusty body

on the other side of the garage, the wife's car outside in the snow, and then Christmas holidays and the first week of January she drops the bombshell.

Any of you guys who did a complete frame-off on your Riviera and the wife is still your wife.......you owe her a trip to Hawaii,

a nicer house and a new wardrobe and fresh flowers once a week........that's just for starters.     

Edited by Seafoam65 (see edit history)
  • Haha 1