Wanted For Special GM Show: 14 of the Finest Chevrolets Around

allcars

On Sunday, June 22, Eyes On Design and GM will celebrate the 75th anniversary of GM Design and the grand opening of the new GM Vehicle Engineering Center with a special car show event. The location will be at the GM Design campus within the GM Tech Center in Warren, Michigan (just north of Detroit). More than 150 concept cars, accompanied by select groupings of production vehicles, will be on display.

We are members of the Vehicle Selection Committee and are seeking factory-stock, concours or national-award winning Chevrolets for the Chevrolet display. <span style="font-weight: bold">All display cars will be shown by invitation only. </span>

The following is a list of the specific Chevrolet models we are looking for.

(No other years or models can be considered at this time.)

<ul style="list-style-type: disc">[*]1932 Chevrolet Deluxe Roadster (other Deluxe model as alternate) [*]1935 or 1936 Suburban. [*]1942 Fleetline AeroSedan ('46-'48 considered as alternates). [*]1948-53 Custom Cab pickup. [*]1955 Nomad. [*]1955 Cameo Carrier. [*]1958 Impala Sport Coupe. [*]1962-64 Corvair Spyder. [*]1962 Impala or Impala SS Sport Coupe (Convertible as alternate). [*]1965-66 Corvair Monza or Corsa. [*]1965 Impala or Impala SS Sport Coupe. [*]1967 Camaro SS350 or SS396 Convertible. [*]1970 Chevelle SS454 (red preferred). [*]1970-72 or 1973 Monte Carlo.

Eyes on Design is a prestigious concours-type show that benefits the Detroit Institute of Ophthalmology. In its 16th year, it is strongly supported by the automotive design community and the auto industry as a whole. Privately owned show vehicles are judged on design merit and are eligible for impressive class and special awards. This will be a memorable and enjoyable day for those whose vehicles are chosen for display.

If you own or know of an exceptional Chevrolet that's on our list and would like to have it considered for display at the 2003 Eyes On Design/GM Design Center 75th Anniversary show, please email a brief description of the vehicle (and photo if available) to:

Terry Boyce tboyce@cecom.com or Tony Hossain thossain@cecom.com

We will review all responses and forward show registration forms to owners of appropriate vehicles. Photos will be required with application submissions.

Thank you.

Terry and Tony

Guest 70 Electra

You're right! I actually posed that question to them already.

Turns out that there will be Buicks and other makes (including non-GM) at the show. However, Mr. Boyce & Mr. Hossain are on the committee to find the Chevrolets. There are other folks rounding up the other cars for the other categories. I'm guessing that either they are not finding it hard to locate nice cars, or they simply haven't thought of using this forum to solicit for cars!

i did the CLC 100th year, week long show in Detroit last year. Drove my '58 there, and then it sat on the show feild all week without moving....no need to move it, we took the buses to all the tours and events. a wonderful time, in a great city.

I have reservations for the BCA 100th in July, but am not sure I want to do the same trip again with the Buick. When I went to the BCA National Meet in Buffalo, New York one guy from Connecticut drove his fathers 1925 Buick touring all the way there. And another guy drove his 1922 Buick from Detroit.

I day dream about driving my '27 all the way, but the thought of the traffic stress makes me rethink and opt for the founder tour.

Never the less, those shows in that part of the country are outstanding, just like the one listed in this post, like the Henery Ford museum show, but still thinking a new area of the country for that week of my auto vacation.