1916 Chevrolet roadster Bakersfield CA NOT MINE

https://monterey.craigslist.org/cto/d/bakersfield-1916-chevrolet-roadster/7445335864.html

1916 CHEVROLET ROADSTER - $12,000 (Bakersfield)

This is a very cool car. Not often you'll see one of these especially in this condition. this is a model 490 roadster. Starts and runs great, older restoration so starting to show. Will need a new cloth top soon so thats why its down it needs to be stretched to catch the latches. Has new tires, lights work, brakes work good, drives like a early teens car should. This car was owned for many years by the local Chevrolet dealer here in Bakersfield and sat on their showroom floor. It's always been inside. Car has been sitting could stand a good detail. Please look at all the pictures and please be serious. I'll answer questions best I can. I'm selling this car for a friend and he is very motivated, but please be realistic in your offers. Thanks for looking.

00G0G_a5Gxwl1L9G0z_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

00Z0Z_4pgg9U50Y15z_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

00D0D_8cPvi19BzNLz_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

00V0V_hcJhv76ovBQz_1320MM_600x450.jpg

21 minutes ago, Oregon Desert model 45 said:

This car was owned for many years by the local Chevrolet dealer here in Bakersfield and sat on their showroom floor. It's always been inside.

This car must have been used by the dealership as toy / distraction for the kids as their parents negotiated their new Chevrolet.   It might have been sitting inside all these years but it still has had a hard life.       

3 hours ago, Mark Huston said:

This car must have been used by the dealership as toy / distraction for the kids as their parents negotiated their new Chevrolet.   It might have been sitting inside all these years but it still has had a hard life.       

What is the indication for your observations?

That exposed valve gear will drive them wild ant any Cars and Coffee!

The 490 is a great example of the market catching up to Henry Ford.

$490 was the price which was $5 less than a T and was considered more modern (it's all relative). 

David , There isnt a lot of them around. The Chevy garage here in Livonia had a 1923 in the back that was traded in and never sold. The second generation would never part with it as he was saving it for his son. After dad passed , the son sold  it within  2 months. Its still in town , not being used .Besides being painted and 60s interior the car on this site looks good. I think its well over priced though. 

On 2/19/2022 at 2:08 PM, Mark Huston said:

Past experience witnessing how antique cars in a dealership showroom are treated by the public. 

My Cadillac was supposedly in a dealership for a long time and you end up with things like pedals that are heavily worn (chequerboard gone) but the car was low mileage and had its original rings in it

• Like 1

On 2/18/2022 at 10:08 PM, Mark Huston said:

Past experience witnessing how antique cars in a dealership showroom are treated by the public. 

My 15 dodge was owned by a dealership from 1937-1967 and has been hit or hit something with every side and corner. It seems like everyone that wanted to try to drive it got a chance… I hope they kept it away from the lot in the foreword look years!

• Like 1