Replacement fuel pressure regulator diaphragm for 1920 Packard Twin Six

Hubert_25-25

That device isn't original to your car, it's a post WWII aftermarket device so why not just eliminate it completely, if your fuel delivery system is stock you shouldn't need it.  And if the fuel delivery system on your car has been modified and you need a pressure regulator, then purchase a modern device compatible with today's gasoline.

Edited by Owen_Dyneto (see edit history)
  • Like 1

This car still has the hand pump on the dashboard, and you have to pump the fuel tank up to atleast 1 psi prior to trying to start the car.  Something else must add pressure to the gas tank after the car starts as it only needs the inital hand pump.  From the look of the photo, it appears that the fuel line was spiced and then moved off center to fit the regulator in between.  Someone must have added this into the system for some reason, so I will likely just start with changing it out so that it no longer drips fuel.  I agree that it should not be necessary if the fuel system is stock.  I did like the glass bowl as it gave an indicator of fuel problems.  Others had recommended this fuel regulator since it can be dialed down to 1 psi.       

Thank you for responding to my  request for information.   Hugh

2050165033_FuelpressureregulatorHolley12-8041psi.JPG.1c455f0e2c8d47110f2744aec3271909.JPG