where should the id PLATE BE MOUNTED ON THE 23 DODGE TOURER.

cutdown

Have seen one mounted on the passenger front floor board [ 23 dodge ] here in NZ and above the pedals on the floor board on a [ different brand ] car for sale in the UK.

When i got my car, the ID plate was handed to me separately. It was only late last year I was able to find the chassis number on the r/h front chassis rail on my car and the numbers did match.

Dodge car numbers.jpg

Once set up properly (there are many adjustment points) the steering is not bad.

There are lots of wear points so a regular lubrication routine is very necessary. 
The brakes too can be adjusted to provide reasonable braking but locking the wheels can be more dangerous particularly in the wet, aquaplaning is very easy.

It is also easy to flat spot the tyres so gently gently. 

Planning ahead is paramount taking into account the late overtaker who then props in front of you.

Space space space.

• Like 1

Mostly Ford Model T driver, and let me tell you, locked up brakes can skid you into an intersection just as easily on dry pavement as wet! Been there more often than I have ever wanted to. Know your stopping distance and keep back from the car in front. But sometimes the light goes red faster than planned.

As a mechanic, I learned to drive lots of different cars, and would often discover some cars with deflective breaks, where the owners had no idea how bad they were. Got myself into interesting situations on  occasions, but never came to grief.  Luckily there are no traffic lights in the area where I live, apart form one set controlling a pedestrian crossing  .

many thanks for the hints.  One of my next jobs is to strip the brakes and make sure they will work ok.  I straightened the 3 brake rods yesterday. [ got rid of a few bends that would have caused sponginess.]

• Like 2