1929 Stutz Model M Victoria

This came via the Stutz club and is located in Australia.    I guess it is a reproduction body.   I've never seen another M Victoria.

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1929-stutz-model-m-manual/SSE-AD-12356868

STUTZ M SERIES (NOT A BLACKHAWK) 1929 -PROJECT CONVERTIBLE VICTORIA PROFESSIONALLY BUILT CONVERTIBLE BODY TO ROLLSTON NEW YORK BODY PLANS. OVERHEAD CAM, DUAL IGNITION STRAIGHT 8, ORIGINAL RIGHT HAND DRIVE CAR, ALL CHASSIS WORK COMPLETED INCLUDING NEW SPRING SHACKLES AND PINS, FRONT AXLE KING PINS AND BUSHES, DIFFERENTIAL CENTRE HAS BEEN SET UP WITH NEW BEARINGS (see photo), NO RUST OR CORROSION OF ANY SORT, ALL INSTRUMENTS REBUILT INCLUDING NEW FACES, HEADLIGHTS, TAIL LIGHTS, PARK LIGHTS ALL RECHROMED AND ARE PERFECT. RADIATOR SHELL HAS NEW CHROME, NEW DISTRIBUTOR, NEW TIMING CHAINS (not fitted), NEW WHEEL HUB BADGES, SPARE PARTS INCLUDE: GEARBOX, CRANKSHAFT, CAMSHAFT, SHOCKERS, CYLINDER HEAD, AND MANY OTHER SPARES. INCLUDES LOTS OF TECHNICAL INFORMATION, AND ORIGINAL SHOWROOM SALES CATALOGUE STUTZ ARE RECOGNISED AS A TRUE AMERICAN CLASSIC AND VERY RARE IN A CONVERTIBLE VICTORIA RHD. THE CAR HAS BEEN REASSEMBLED TO SHOW HOW COMPLETE IT IS. IF YOU HAVE ANY INTEREST IN THIS CAR, I HAVE MUCH MORE INFORMATION ON ITS FULL HISTORY. GENUINE OFFERS OVER $80000.00 CONSIDERED.

https://carsales.pxcrush.net/carsales/cars/private/3pylry787ickb84vt9vasa6fe.jpg?pxc_method=fit&pxc_size=1795%2c1195

https://carsales.pxcrush.net/carsales/cars/private/8cjruhqk7tmpxd05y9r9h56y5.jpg?pxc_method=fit&pxc_size=1795%2c1195

https://carsales.pxcrush.net/carsales/cars/private/33cmxhvfa2swc6pjsw3uvztli.jpg?pxc_method=fit&pxc_size=1795%2c1195

• Like 1

The reason you’ve never seen one is because one was never built.   It’s a fake.   I don’t believe that body even came out until 1931.   Body was built from scratch.   Just what the world needs……another fake Rollston.    6 of the 7 original 1931-33 Stutz Rollston Victoria bodies exist.  They are well documented. 

Edited by K8096 (see edit history)
  • Like 3

Considering this is an unfinished "rebodied" car, not an authentic 1929 Stutz, in addition to it being right had drive, is there really a market for this car at the asking price?   I can't see anyone in the United States wanting to invest the money this car will require to get it back on the road when you will end up driving on the wrong side of the road.   

I think the car has great lines and, properly finished, could be the star of any local event. Given that the car is already a repop (fake) body if I owned it I would want to convert it to left hand drive, finish the paint, upholstery,  chrome etc...then drive the snot out of it. But that would also assume I had 150 K to burn on a car that has, and will have absolutely no providence.  Ah well...it's what fantasies are for, right?

• Like 4

Well....I am usually dumping on things like this........at least it looks well done. If I am not mistaken we did the steering box on this car ten years ago. With down under rules today, RHD cars are the only game in town. I can think of a few other Stutz RHD cars there. I think for the money its an ok deal. 

Edited by edinmass (see edit history)

On 2/15/2022 at 1:27 AM, alsancle said:

his came via the Stutz club and is located in Australia

It's also in the ass end of Australia, so shipping would cost a fortune (you'd be best to find someone willing in Tasmania to take it on the ferry to Victoria to ship it I'm guessing) 

On 2/16/2022 at 6:29 AM, edinmass said:

With down under rules today, RHD cars are the only game in town.

Nope, anything over 25 years old is fair game (some states used to be 20 years but was harmonised recently) and it was also possible to register newer vehicles that had been brought in by US military personal in some states - we're actually pretty good when it comes to allowing you to drive pretty much whatever classic you want as long as it doesn't have asbestos  

While this one's a rebody, we had plenty of unique bodies over the years given the amount of CKD coming in from overseas (most of which was made in Victoria and South Australia).  

• Like 2

I think this Stutz is a beautiful automobile. Yes, this is a reproduction but as long as it keeps the story straight, and the price is where it should be, I am sure someone will give it the love it needs to finish it.  The story simply needs to say that this is a rebody, not unlike a grundle of other cars, Packard, Cadillac, Chrysler, Bentley, Rolls Royce, Duesenburg, Auburn.  I won't rain on this parade, if the price is right for what it is.

I just thought of one question regarding this Stutz.  As this unit apparently is a 6 wheel car, should it not have a one piece rear bumper, not a split rear bumper as if I was a rear spare car?  Would someone that owns or knows Stutz, please add some information?

• 1 month later...