For Sale: 1959 Ford Fairlane - "100% Original paint, wheels/hubcaps, interior, trim, lights and glass" - Snohomish, WA - Not Mine - 6/10, 4/1 & 3/26 Reduced

For sale on Facebook: 1959 Ford Fairlane 4-door Sedan in Snohomish, WA  -  $18,500  -  Must be a member of Facebook to access Seller's contact information.

On 3/26, Seller reduced price to $10,000

On 4/1, Seller reduced price to $9,500

On 6/10, Seller reduced price to $7,500 and relisted

Link to 7/10 relist: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/5607958622550253/1959-Ford-Fairlane

Seller's Description:

1959 Ford Fairlane 4-door Sedan

• 2 owners
  • Driven 100,000 miles
  • Automatic transmission
  • Exterior color: Pink · Interior color: Beige

BARN FIND!!! 100% original paint, wheels/hubcaps, interior, trim, lights and Glass. The most Complete car, nothing missing. Starts like a dream and drives/shifts perfect. My father is the second owner, bought in the 70’s. Car has been under cover all its life. Rebuild 292 under the hood. 90k miles on the car. There’s nothing missing on this car. Even the original trunk mat and spare tire. All lights work and lenses pristine. The grille is immaculate, and ALL the chrome trim is there/shinny. Rust free car. No lowballs for this piece of preserved history.

image.png.ad1562d0918f4a356cc500698c581411.png

image.png.2d16408c4cb6a2ebba10beb39487370d.png

image.png.eb46a261f104052e72813108a962e93a.png

image.png.ca619a10d1947f90d3d596247767957b.png

image.png.2a6a324abe2c44be4ee0a515de36d3f4.png

image.png.75695cefa7f003aa7f34ccdad535bcf7.png

Edited by 6T-FinSeeker
update info (see edit history)

Today’s winner for dumbest ad of the day.  It’s a “barn find” that belongs to this guy’s father since the 1970s.  Was it disguised as a pig in the barn and his father never told him about it?  This person needs to look up the meaning of barn find.  The lengths some people go to trying to enhance the perception of value.

• Like 3

You could have this in tan/ putty,  a 4 door sedan that looks tired and worn or that snazy Pink Packard 400 2 door hardtop with working torsion ride suspension for less.  

Wouldn't take much thought for me to decide. 

What's with photographing it in the rain?  Does it rain every single day there?  

• Like 2

The Packard would easily be my choice. Nobody in their right mind would pay anywhere near that insane asking price for that ugly boring Ford unless it were in pristine/mint condition. Even then I would be hard pressed to even pay half that.

We've had plenty of dry days in the last two weeks but we're further south of Snohomish.

Edited by Bleach (see edit history)
  • Like 2

• 6T-FinSeeker changed the title to For Sale: 1959 Ford Fairlane - "100% Original paint, wheels/hubcaps, interior, trim, lights and glass" - Snohomish, WA - Not Mine - 3/26 Reduced
  • 6T-FinSeeker changed the title to For Sale: 1959 Ford Fairlane - "100% Original paint, wheels/hubcaps, interior, trim, lights and glass" - Snohomish, WA - Not Mine - 4/1 & 3/26 Reduced

I'm not going to criticize the car, but even though I try to respect originality on most old vehicles when possible, I'd have to strip and repaint those wheels. I couldn't leave them looking like that. Or at least I'd clean off  the loose rust, spray them with Fluid Film and maybe find some full wheel covers to hide the extensive corrosion.

My wife would hate that color on any car, but I think it looks cool on '50's stuff. I like the pattern on the upholstery, too. It suits that car.

That's an awful lot of pink (but it works with the license plate).

Perhaps if the roof were painted white or black and it had a set of full hubcaps it would tone it down a bit.

I can remember my uncle buying one of these new. I was 9 years old and thought it was an ugly car. Now 71 and still think they are less than appealing. 57's =  beautiful, 58's = OK, 59's = well, you know. 

PS,

If you own a 59 and are enjoying it I sincerely hope you will continue to do so and ignore my comments. I'd make a lousy art critic. 

• Like 3

I must point out that the 1959 Ford outsold the 1959 Chevy. It was a conservative design that clicked with the buying public better than the Chevy with the "bug eye" rear end. GM realized their error and softened up the rear end design for 1960. IMHO the 1957 was the best styled of the three years.

Lew Bachman

1957 Thunderbird

• Like 2

If I remember correctly, the the old sales literature I saw several years ago claimed that the '59 Ford won some industry award for styling excellence. I don't remember much about the award, except that it was presented in Paris, France (I think.) I also like the '57 Ford design the best of those three years...('57 - 9.) Many don't like the '58, but I think it's great. I like the '59 least of the three years, but I like it a lot better than the '59 Chevy. Now that I don't see these old cars so much anymore, my appreciation for the '59 Ford's styling has grown somewhat. Same for the '59 Chevy, to a lesser degree.

'

• Like 1

• 6T-FinSeeker changed the title to For Sale: 1959 Ford Fairlane - "100% Original paint, wheels/hubcaps, interior, trim, lights and glass" - Snohomish, WA - Not Mine - 6/10, 4/1 & 3/26 Reduced