1928 LOCOMOBILE 8-80 Sedan, Sold

jeff_a

• jeff_a changed the title to 1928 LOCOMOBILE 8-80 Sedan, Sold

The body style on this Locomobile 8 appears to be one of the earlier versions, likely a 1925 or 1926.  Does anyone know location or history on this Locomobile?  Jeff, thanks for posting.  I have a Peerless question for you.  Did Elliot Ness, in the "Untouchables" drive a Peerless?

Al

• If you follow the link, it goes into some detail about previous owners, gives serial numbers, and even names the winning bidder. The Locomobile was bought new in San Francisco and was in that area 90+ years. I think it sold on consignment to settle an estate.
  • This recently-restored 1929 Eight-125 7-Pass. Sedan {straight-8, 114 HP, Peerless' most luxurious offering for 1929} that made the rounds of concours events about five years ago, was used in that show. No idea who was at the wheel in The Untouchables...it's been 60 years since I saw an episode.

IMG_3694.thumb.JPG.ea8f8bcf63d11d19462defe30372ca13.JPG

Edited by jeff_a (see edit history)

8 hours ago, alsfarms said:

The body style on this Locomobile 8 appears to be one of the earlier versions, likely a 1925 or 1926.  Does anyone know location or history on this Locomobile?  Jeff, thanks for posting.  I have a Peerless question for you.  Did Elliot Ness, in the "Untouchables" drive a Peerless?

Al

If you're talking about the 1987 film with Kevin Costner see: https://www.imcdb.org/movie_94226-The-Untouchables.html I think he was in a Buick when shot at on the bridge meet.

I don't see a Peerless listed but would have to re-watch at somepoint to see if they missed one.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...