1929 Stutz / Tail light lens and bezel

Old School

Hello,

I'm new to AACA and this Forum so, please bare with me.

I've have had the pleasure of overseeing the storage of a beautifully restored 1929 Stutz Biarritz 5 Passenger Sedan body by Weymann since, 2011.  The Stutz has only left the storage facility once, six years ago.  After it was transported back to the storage facility and off loaded, it was moved into it's storage position, tire pressures adjusted and Car Cover installed.  Once a every few months, the cover is removed to check the cars overall condition, inside and out.  Today, the Stutz's condition present's, as it was, in 2011. 

But, when the Stutz was taken out and returned to storage, six years' ago, it's right rear tail lamp assembly, was missing the, red lens and the chrome bezel, that holds it in place on the tail lamp .   The transport company said they didn't know anything about it.  No one at the location it was taken to, was able to provide any answers either.  

My attempt's at sourcing a replacement lens and bezel have been unsuccessful.  

My question is, are there other lens and bezels from other Stutz models, that would work ?  If so, what is there availability and approximate cost ?

Any advice is welcomed and appreciated.

Thank you,

Old School 

Post a photo of the car and tail light. Often Stutz cars are incorrectly identified by year.....it’s the series or model letter you need to use to properly identify it. While not common, you can find them. It’s not going to be inexpensive. Join the Stutz club also. 95 percent of all parts you will locate are through club members. Best of luck, Ed

Edited by edinmass (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Very nice car and looks to be a top grade restoration. Would you be so kind as to provide pictures of the back and side windows showing how the fabric is formed around the openings?

Thanks.

Ken