Branson Meet 2022 Hotel Reservations

MotiveLensPhoto

I just tried getting an online reservation at the host hotel, Stone Castle Hotel & Conference Center for the 2022 meet and all the rooms were blocked off. I called and there plenty of rooms available so don't get discouraged, call the hotel. Rate should be $83 a night.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Making plans for summer travel now that Canadians can cross the border and vice versa.

So, did Google Maps to take another look at Branson. Yikes, 3000 KMs! I like an adventure but, too much of an undertaking. Will wait another year or two (Branson rescheduled for 2022).

Not nearly as bad as driving to Galena in 2008.  Gas prices were over $4.00 per gallon that summer.

Adjusted for inflation the real cost of a gallon of gas from July 2008 shoots up to $5.37 in today's dollars—well above the current cost of $4.318 per gallon.

The spike in oil prices in July 2008 came at the tail end of a decade-long energy crisis.

• Like 2

I always remind myself that the reward is all in the journey, not the cost of gas, hotels, meals, etc... it's all in the journey.  If you've got a credit card and a AAA card, you're good to go.... it's all in the journey.

In 2014, I lost the tranny in my Riviera 150 miles short of the ROA meet hotel in CO Springs.  Simply called AAA, got a tow to the hotel, stayed for the meet, booked a shipper to haul the Rivi home to MA, booked a Delta Airline flight home, got the tranny overhauled.  Yea, it was an expensive trip, but it was all in the journey

Edited by dship (see edit history)
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

As the late Chris Wolfe was famous for saying, “The first meet you come for the cars, after that you come for the friendships.”  We’ve not seen each other for the past two years.  Now is the time to get back together.  Who knows, maybe the 2023 will be even farther away and gas prices could be even higher. Strike while the iron is hot.  

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, RivNut said:

As the late Chris Wolfe was famous for saying, “The first meet you come for the cars, after that you come for the friendships.”  We’ve not seen each other for the past two years.  Now is the time to get back together.  Who knows, maybe the 2023 will be even farther away and gas prices could be even higher. Strike while the iron is hot.  

Ed,

Thanks for that. That is so true. Sometimes we all just need to be reminded of what is important. I am anxious to reconnect with people I have met in the past. The cars are a bonus.

Bill

• Thanks 1

At a meet some time ago, I remember that those of use who are part of this forum got together for coffee one morning so we could match our forum handles to given names and faces.  Anyone interested in doing something similar this year?

• Like 5

11 hours ago, XframeFX said:

So, true!

But I can book only so many adventures. And of course I have to figure-in my "other half" on some of the few she will participate in.😎

Branson has something for everyone.  I'm sure you're "other half" will find no problem finding something of interest to entertain her.  Check out Brandon's website as well as the website for Silver Dollar City.  

I've known guys who wanted to take their wives. After MUCH DEBATE & discussions the wives actually came. 100% of the wives loved it so much they wouldn't ever miss another they had such a GRAND/GOOD time.

Just something to think about. Even IF they are not keen on going once they get there they couldn't help but to have, quote, the "time of their lives".

AND, gained some long time friends.

Tom T.

Edited by telriv (see edit history)

Tom is absolutely correct.  My wife enjoys getting together with the wives as much as I enjoy gettin together with the guys.  Many times they’ll make plans of their own.  Branson has so much for everyone it would be extremely difficult not to find someting to do.  

This year I will not let Linda get the drop on me on the go-kart track and keep running me into the wall every time I try to pass.

Edited by RivNut (see edit history)

I contacted Ray and asked if all of us on the forum could have a meet and greet at some time during the event.  He responded by saying to look at the calendar of events and pick a time.  He has made no plans for any “sponsored” trips this year so any day where where nothing is planned is open to us.  Someone pick a time and, if it’s something we’d like to do, and we can agree, or we can pick on another time.