For Sale: 1962 Mercury Meteor 4dr sedan, V8, manual shift - $8,500 - Three Forks, MT - Not Mine

For Sale: 1962 Mercury Meteor 4dr sedan, V8, manual shift - $8,500 - Three Forks, MT

62 mercury meteor - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle automotive sale (craigslist.org)
Seller's Description:

All original bumper to bumper beside the electric fuel pump and a respray 221 v8 three on the tree drives great 85000 original miles the driver side seat is separated at seam one tear in headliner passenger side back pillar. It is a very nice car don't want to sale it I have no room in the shop for it. It has always been garaged until 2 weeks ago. No low ballers or scammers. Cash only

Copy and paste in your email: dd82c41f91ac36a39e08d3c038ce5e04@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1962 Mercury Meteor 4dr sedan.

'62 mercury meteor MT aa.jpg

'62 mercury meteor MT b.jpg

'62 mercury meteor MT c.jpg

'62 mercury meteor MT d.jpg

'62 mercury meteor MT e.jpg

'62 mercury meteor MT f.jpg

'62 mercury meteor MT g.jpg

'62 mercury meteor MT h.jpg

• Like 1

Not a bad looking car. A bit over-priced.  Too bad it only has the 221 ci V8. Even with stick shift the car is probably underpowered. Ford rushed the 260 ci V8 into production as a mid-year addition to the options list because they knew the 221 wasn't performing like it should. Of course, the 289 was a much better engine. My dad had a 1962 Fairlane with the 221 and an automatic and it was a wheezer. Not one of his better purchases.

Lew Bachman

1957 Thunderbird