1977 Triumph Spitfire - $1,500 (Auburn, West Hill, WA) not mine

1977 Triumph Spitfire - $1,500 (Auburn, West Hill, WA)

https://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/cto/d/auburn-1977-triumph-spitfire/7441045546.html

• copy and paste into your email:

• (253) 592-9189

• I have a 1977 Triumph Spitfire that I purchased in 1987, drove it for a number of years and parked it when my kids got to be driving age. Always wanted to get it back out, instead it has been living under a car cover in my garage for almost 20 years. It rolls, but will need to be trailered. It has a box of spare parts, filters etc. two spare Triumph wheels and the Robert Bentley shop manual that started to come apart so I put the whole thing in page protectors in 3 binders. Any questions please text me, thanks for looking. Oh, it has the hard top, convertible top with boot and a tonneau cover. The transmission is the 4 speed with overdrive.
  • Note: Average NADA retail for a good running example is $13,000.
  • 00f0f_iGYUiSSKWIcz_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg
  • 00j0j_aBSYZPetML6z_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg
  • 00x0x_dd4cIz3Be6Nz_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg
Edited by f.f.jones (see edit history)
  • Like 2

My brother bought a spitfire in that same colour brand new. Was the last year they made them, maybe 79 or 80? He did not have a hard top. WHEN it ran it ran great, but it sat on the side of the road more than going down the road. Traded it on a cutlass after a year or so. The wiring caught fire on the way to the dealer the day he was to pick up his new cutlass. He called the dealer and gave him the bad news. He figured he had lost out on the cutlass. The dealer told him to get the triumph in however he had to that it was already sold to someone else sight unseen. After all, it was just like new with low miles, LOL.

• Haha 1

The $13,000.00 average price stated seems quite high. Spitfires are very entry level Sports Cars. Relatively low performance and pretty so - so engineering.  But this one at the advertised price seems like a good opportunity. Hard to go wrong at the price, esp. with two expensive and desirable options. Overdrive and a factory hard top.

Note, I tried to click on the link and the listing has been deleted. I expect it sold quickly.

Edited by 1912Staver (see edit history)