Unknown Sedan - Probably 1920s

Dan Cluley

The drum lights and the tallish hood louvres date the car to 1922-24 I think, but those very small hub caps have me mystified.

I think it is something mid-range pricewise. Sedans were expensive then and I suspect this was most of $2,000. In the same class as a Studebaker Special Six.

Thanks for all the suggestions.  I haven't found an exact match yet, but this definitely narrows it down.  As well as Cadillac, Buick seems to have used that style of door handle.

The fender/running board area was bothering me as well, but looking closely, it seems like there is a mudflap on the bottom of the fender & I think there is actually a gap before the running board.  I'm thinking cheap repair of some sort.  

Given that the car would have been at least 5 years old at this point, I suspect other changes are possible.

7 hours ago, 58L-Y8 said:

Kissel?

I first considered that too because of the drum headlights and the mud flapped front fender. But then I looked closer. It’s not a Kissel. Kissels in the twenties didn’t use indented fenders. And the wheel hubs are definitely not Kissel. Radiator isn’t rounded enough either. There’s a Lincoln behind it.

Ron Hausmann 

Edited by ron hausmann
Misspell (see edit history)
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, sagefinds said:

It seems a bit unusual they would have the driver's door blocked off with luggage and so forth.

In those days it was common to exit the vehicle from the passenger side of the car. The door lock was on the passenger side (USA cars).

• Like 1