1953 Packard Caribbean $ 47,500

not mine..  I have always liked the 53/54 Caribbean. I am not an expert in their market but it seems like ten years ago, one of these as a nice driver pushed six figures and #1 examples were well north of that.  This one is easy on the eyes for the price. 

$47,500 on FB marketplace 

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/979053446272703/?ref=search&referral_code=marketplace_search&referral_story_type=post&tracking=browse_serp%3Aed789dbb-be98-4cc5-80e3-c808edee20c8

image.jpeg.46401e54a8ab0969c972d5d01caecfd6.jpeg

image.jpeg.3d2f3c53e35a36c0f389b6a6dbf90d0f.jpeg

image.jpeg.38e5a0d48a7cc392e6b9bdb097b19c0b.jpeg

original color code "J", gulf green metallic. 327 c.i. 9 main bearing straight 8 engine, original to car. standard shift with overdrive, NOT the problematic "ultramatic" automatic trans most of these cars came with. #729 of the 750 total caribbeans produced in '53.power steering, brakes, top and antenna, signal seeking radio. nice example of a driver quality car that goes down the road as a packard should. not a 100 point show car, BUT not $100,000+ price tag. call [hidden information] AFTER 7pm.

• Like 2

A standard transmission is very rare and I think a cool feature for this car. I will disagree with the seller that the ultra Matic is a problem. At least in my experience we’ve never had any trouble with the ones we’ve had. Although it is not the greatest transmission since it is only a two speed.

37 minutes ago, John Bloom said:

AJ, I knew yours was the same color scheme. I think they’re a fabulous looking car and this price point seems very fair when you think about what cars would be the Caribbean‘s peers.

John, you are correct. They are the cheapest of the halo cars.

Now that I'm on my computer instead of my phone I got a better look at the pictures.   Compare BAT with Facebook for quality of description and photos.   I would like to see the steering column in detail.  Factory stick vs retrofit is a difference and usually visible.

Missing the spare tire cover and the wheels look to be shot or painted silver.  But given the quality of the pictures hard to tell.  

• Like 1