Another Great Video (Part 2)-at least some of it!

Steve Moskowitz

So the backdrop to this video is that I was a 24 year old District Service Manager for Oldsmobile Division, the youngest in the country in 1972.  My counterpart in sales was a Model A guy and we decided to take a road trip to Hershey.  No rooms so we slept in our company car!  We drove from Chicago to Hershey.  No fair making fun of my sideburns and hair, we all looked like that back then! :)  At the end, I am seen cleaning my company car at the time and the MFR plate on the back is still in my possession.  I just was given this video yesterday and boy did it bring back memories!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nz_usWkVtVs  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

The good old Blue field and Hershey mud......the things that make life worth living. I remember that fall meet well. It was the last year of walking around  before I started to haul my wagon to make a buck or two. I attended with my grandfather who was born in the 1890’s, Mom & Dad, and my brother in law. I was seven. They are all gone now but Mother.......who will be 95 next month. Thanks for the memories. 

Edited by edinmass (see edit history)
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Where are the shots of the Sani Cans? Or the fire pit for a “Big Smokey” gristle and cartilage burger. The two sittings for dinner at the Hotel with jacket and tie after a day slogging in the mud. Some fun memories at The Canal House with Bill Harrah, Leo G, Richie C, Bob T, and all the New Jersey Mafia.........those were the days!

Edited by edinmass (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Very interesting video but not quite as good as PART 1 you posted earlier. LOL. I was 26 back in college at the time so won't make fun of the sideburns but the hat was too much. Great video and really makes me want to get to HERSEY ASAP.  

dave s 

Edited by SC38dls (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Just think all the cars you see there that were new 'then' are now eligible to put on display to show and be judged for awards.

To all who have never been to Hershey - save up your $ and take the time to attend, it will be something you will never ever forget.  Life is short, enjoy it while you can.

Walt

• Like 3

Thanks for the video, I had to watch it twice to make sure I did not miss something. Brings back many memories, I have attended since 1970. However I do not miss the mud!

The real treat was to get there early on Saturday (6am) in front of the Stadium to watch the cars being driven on to the show field.

• Like 1

Very good video it does bring back memories when I started it was with my father and mother going in 1962 and we camped with our travel trailer backed up to the stadium with a 62 Buick special we had a 22 Buick series 44 restoring it took us until 1965 to finish but when we finish that then my father bought me a 38 Buick Opera Coupe with side mounts and we restored that in a year and a half which was fun that was my first car I paid for that with money from coupons that a grocery store in my hometown Nye County would give you face value for if you trim them up and brought them into the store without buying the product so the only money that we physically had in that car was the $225 we paid for it and I had that on the road by the time I was seventeen so it was a year and a half before I couldn't legally get my driver's license in Jersey to be able to drive it on the road myself but I enjoyed that car until 1970 when I came to Florida because of health reasons because I had a slight case of cerebral palsy I was able to you know work all my life and provide for myself but still it made it difficult in my osteopathic physician to show me when I was in college did she could do no more for me so that and she recommended I go to a warm climate and keep myself loose and limber which I did and since then as I got older those hips have wore out and I've had them replaced so I am falling apart but this is 2022 and so in September I will be 72 years old and you know I've been married to the same lady for the since 1979 so you know it's 40-some years I do enjoy it but I'll never get back to her she but I sure did enjoy those years that we went to see cuz we we went about 8 years straight before we left Jersey for Florida very interesting take care

• Like 1