Moon 1924

mike6024

Moon roadster. 1924.
Creator    
Parker, Harold A., 1878-1930, photographer.

View of the Moon roadster on a road in the countryside.  A couple sits in convertible back seat behind the driver.  The advertisement on the spare wheel covering reads "The man in the moon is satisfied - are you? Robert G. Maynard Pasadena".

Moon 1924.jpg

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hmmm?

I assume the port/starboard style light actually illuminated.

If this was fixed to the top of the radiator cap how did they wire it?

On 4/15/2022 at 4:27 AM, GregLaR said:

Hmmm?

The one that came on my '25 Nash had a wire poking out the backside of the bottom stem, I assume it would be wired into the lighting system of the car wherever they could make a connection. The bulb goes in the middle so that the temp gauge, name plate, and red/green running lights are all illuminated. Handy for a trip to the seashore or local pier I suppose!

These must have attracted a lot of "hands on" interest as the nickel seems to be worn most of the time, mine is nearly nickel free now and has that patina a brass door knob gets after it's been touched a million times. 

Edited by Lahti35 (see edit history)
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Amazing pictures. The one with the dog is definingly a 1924 Series A Moon because of the early headlights. The other one has the headlights that started showing up late in 1924 but it could be an early 1925 unless it is marked on the back of the photo by Mr. Harold Parker. I have not seen that picture before nor do I know that photographer. The top on that Moon is unknown to me too. I don't believe that it was from the factory but i will have to do some further research. Do you have nay more Moon photo's?  Here is my 1925 Moon Series A Roadster...  

image.jpeg.a4d58a94ed7faf2fc1d85d426ede4a2a.jpeg

• Like 2

On 4/15/2022 at 4:27 AM, GregLaR said:

Hmmm?

They were meant to be spliced into the headlamp wiring and the wire brought up under the radiator shell to come out near a radiator neck. This one is on an emblem display and uses single strand wire to a bayonet connector - the ground is back through the radiator itself. It’s the same setup as even the most expensive Lalique mascots…

I use a cheap AC adapter for the power.

DA75D4F9-AEE5-483F-847C-970762DE9D6D.jpeg

94FE3C6E-8BBB-4FEB-B65F-E9E31CEF9F60.jpeg

• 1 month later...