1947 Roadmaster 4 Door Sedan - $11,980 - Minnesota Dealer - Not Mine

(18) Marketplace - 1947 Buick Roadmaster | Facebook

Seller's Description

1947 Buick Roadmaster Sedan * Fireball inline 8 * Iowa Car * This is a great car that is very straight and solid. The paint is in nice condition. Underneath is solid and in good condition as well. The interior is original and still in very nice condition. Very nice FIREBALL I8 engine that starts right up and sounds great as well. Great running and driving car. Perfect for cruising down the road or taking it to shows

No photo description available.

• Like 3

This is from a Minnesota old cars dealer I have seen advertise driver class vehicles in the past.  I have also read to beware of this dealer BUT - this shows to be a nice driver class post war Roadmaster in pretty well kept shape.  As long as the price was not out of line, and a guy or gal could get it for - say - $10,000 to $11,000, then I'm not sure it's not a good deal.  

Subject to inspection of course of the exhaust manifold.  I'm no 1947 Buick expert but upholstery and interior check the boxes.  Body appears straight with good driver class paint and chrome.  I know of no one, for quite awhile, restoring these post war 4 doors, just too much money.  Restored and vetted by Buick experts a nicer example is not likely going to get $20,000 to exchange hands, so for half of that this seems like a good buy.  

• Like 1

Really nice video, especially when the car is driven on snowy roads and the camera is up in the air (drone😎) Looks like a great car for the money. Does it sound right? They let the engine run for quite some time. What do the experts say? 

This would look nice next to my black 47 Super Sedanet.... This Roady here looks really impressive. 

I've owned a '47 Roadmaster sedan for about 30 years.  They are great road cars and the last year of manual transmissions on the Roadmaster.  In '48 Dynaflow was standard on the Roadmasters.  Great highway cruiser that will do 65-70 all day long.  With the 320 cid straight eight engine, you can easily start off in second and never want to downshift from third to second unless you are under 15-20 mph.  This appears to be a mostly original car that would be a great candidate for AACA HPOF.