Look at Buick for sale

Barney Eaton

On 1/25/2022 at 7:10 AM, Barney Eaton said:

I just received information about a 1990 and 1989 Reatta for sale in Glendale CA

I posted the info on Buick buy/sell

I thought after owning 14 Reattas I would know better.

I bought the 1990 (couldn't say no - the story behind the car is heart warming). It needs tires and an idle control valve.  The 1989 has a rough exterior (body is good, needs a paint job). Interior looks great. Engine will crank, sometimes (might be a starter or fuel pump issue). Unknown what other issues it may have.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Barney Eaton said:

Good to hear from you......... guess you have been hiding in the "bushes"  

You should buy the Riviera and put the supercharged engine in the Reatta......... what else do you have to do?

Haha.... I thought I swore off Reattas a few years ago when I sold my last convertible. Majority I owned were show cars or near-show cars. This one is in good/very good condition aesthetically. This is a Reatta that will not irritate me if it gets a door ding or a scratch.  Bought the car first, checked the VIN second (isn't that how it's done?).  Has lived its entire life in SoCal (within 15 miles from my home). 

I was acquainted with the gentleman who owned it through the local Buick chapter (he passed away last summer). He owned several Buicks and tinkered with them for years (he stopped driving a few years ago). A couple members of the local Buick Chapter reached out to me about both Reattas (I wasn't actively looking for another Reatta).   ...and here I am with Reatta #15.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Other then a scratch on the drivers side (too deep to make it go away) and a small tear on the driver's door panel (anyone have one in gray?), it didn't take much to make it shine. Need new tires and if anyone has one exceptional wheel at an exceptionally good price, send me a PM.

1024-Reatta-Maui-Blue-20220.jpg

• Like 3