This guy is a treasure

Eldovert

What a great video and what a CHARACTER! I love his accent and wording, "bloke" and "quid" aren't words we hear every day. I couldn't believe my eyes when he stepped out of the car and watched, as the running car made circles around him. He then got back into the moving car and without any roll bar or helmet started doing "donuts" at speed with the car. He reminds me of the old racing pictures from across "the pond'' with the drivers wearing a white shirt and tie with coveralls on.

• Like 2

On 1/19/2022 at 12:27 AM, George K said:

Ivan Dutton racer, restorer and Bugatti expert. Met him many years ago in England. His son Tim runs the Bugatti shop. Ivan is having fun now. Good guy he came to see us when he would be here racing. I like the Lotus video. That guy can drive.

Can you send me his address or email in a PM? I just watched another video of his half a Bugatti 8 Midget Mike Caruso tribute car. I owned the engine for a week back in the 1970's, paid $750.00 for it when  Joe Gurtler had his shop in the Bronx. Great to see that engine running after all these years. Bob 

That is the best nine minutes I have spent in the last - I can't remember when!  It just went from good to better to Holy Cow!    He reminds me of Dr. Fred Simeone when Fred gets behind the wheel of one of the museums cars for a Demo Day.  You're not behind the wheel of the car but their fun is infectious. 

• Like 1

Yes that's some good torque. I'd be interested to learn of the bore and stroke measurements. That car has quite a wheel base for its size.  It would be making a pretty wide radius circle!

He gets around quite well for his apparent age. Jumping in and out of moving cars. Lol.