For Sale: 3 Volvo P1800s

My cousin has 3 Volvo P1800’s that he is looking to sell. These are cars that he hoped to restore but time and circumstances never allowed him to start on any of the cars. None of the cars are running at this point and will need varying amounts of work to get them back on the road, if possible. Under the circumstances this will be a make offer situation. I have seen the cars and will give you my best idea of each car’s condition. The three cars are as follows:

1965 Volvo P1800S – this one is probably in the best shape of the three, but looks like a real barn find with dirt all over the hood, trunk, and roof. My cousin says that it has a racing history and some modifications were made to it but he was unclear on exactly what except that the seat was welded in place. The car is black and the body looks in pretty good shape but he says there is some rust underneath. The engine has carburetors. I am pretty sure this car has not run in at least 10 years, maybe longer.

1970 Volvo P1800E – this car has run within the last few years, but the license plate is PA 2013, so it has not been on the road in a while. The car has fuel injection. The body has rust through in spots such as around the trunk and the windows. Paint is peeling off of the roof. There may be patch pieces available but it would take a lot of work to make this car presentable as it currently sits. Obviously in need of a complete restoration.

1973 Volvo P1800ES – this car is probably a parts car plus. It was in an accident that did some damage to the front end, but nothing that isn’t fixable (looks like mostly a bent bumper and some damage to the front end components). The engine was pulled from the car is hopes of rebuilding it, but that never happened. It is currently painted black, but the original color is orange. It has been sitting behind a barn on the ground, so I have no idea of what the underside looks like, but it probably is rustier than the other cars.  

My cousin is realistic about what may be the potential value of these cars and willing to accept offers for one, two, or all three cars. He lives in the Hershey area. If you have any interest in these cars please send me a PM and I will give you his contact information.

Here are pictures of the 1973 P1800ES.

IMG_0193.jpg.1f1c83dfa91d701e774e8d42a4c6336b.jpgIMG_0191.jpg.67fcbcd713b8683cf6ea97833a210665.jpgIMG_0192.jpg.698df5c4d46d857dc92b2862040d9a54.jpg

I couldn't check underneath to see if it had sunk into the soil but there is probably some rust underneath at best. All three of the cars are projects but are fixable with the proper amount of time and talent.

Lew Bachman

1957 Thunderbird

• Like 1

Lew

I appreciate the post.  I will PM you.  I had an early P1800 project and would not mind another one.  As you may know P1800's have a following.  I no longer have room for a full size car project, and have been looking for a Triumph TR to restore.  

I forgot about the P1800.  

This is probably the worst way to store a car.

Worse than a blue car cover.

Rotting leaves hold moisture better than most anything else in nature.

I hope the other cars are stored better.

I too like the old Volvos.

• 3 months later...

These cars, along with a 1987 Mercedes 300D and a 1954 Chevy pickup truck are available on an estate auction website, www.zieglerauction.com. It is the auction for items at 1031 Syner Road in Annville, PA.

I am told by my cousin that the Mercedes runs but drains the battery if it sits overnight. Must have a stuck relay somewhere. 

Lew Bachman

1957 Thunderbird