Who knows this collector?

clheddier

I am researching the history of the great Cadillacs from the 1930s. In this context, this ad was placed a few years ago.

https://classiccars.com/listings/view/973840/1931-cadillac-370a-v12-convertible-coupe-for-sale-in-scottsdale-arizona-85260

There were several cars in the collection. Can anyone tell me what collection it was and who the collector was. It must have been an introverted person who owned vehicles for 35 years, restored them at great expense and then did not drive or display them.

I am grateful for any tips also gladly by PM.

Regards

Clemens Heddier

Coesfeld, Germany

1903 Knox Waterless
1914 Cadillac Landaulet Coupe
1922 Detroit Electric
1931 Cadillac Town Sedan

5 hours ago, mike brady said:

I think Classic Car Investments is Bob Adams Jr.

Thank you but I know that this advertisement came from Classic Car Investment. But I am looking for the pre-owner of the car. The seller said:

This work of art has less then 10 miles on the complete, every nut and bolt restoration that was just finished. The restoration on the car took many years to complete by a true master restorer. This car is being offered for sale, for the estate of the previous owner who recently past away before he ever got a chance to drive and enjoy it. He owned the car for over 35 years and this first time this car has ever been offered to the public since.

My hope was that somebody knows more about this person. Do you have any idea about the collector.

9 hours ago, alsancle said:

The background of the pictures make me think that car was for sale by Leo Gephart.   Leo passed away a few years ago.

I am not sure if Leo Gephart owned this car. He seems to be a public car dealer. I think the pre-owner mast be a more "secret" person. The advertisement said

This work of art has less then 10 miles on the complete, every nut and bolt restoration that was just finished. The restoration on the car took many years to complete by a true master restorer. This car is being offered for sale, for the estate of the previous owner who recently past away before he ever got a chance to drive and enjoy it. He owned the car for over 35 years and this first time this car has ever been offered to the public since.

I am not sure if this happened with cars collected by Leo Gephart.  I am owning a car from the same collector. But my car dealer do not know the history. Therefore I hope to get this information from other owners. The attached photo shows my car. It is a 1931 Cadillac 370A. Do you know if Gephart owned this car. Town Sedans are not the popular. There should be not so many in the market. 

Greetings from Germany

Clemens

IMG-20211110-WA0004.jpg