WTB Outer Door Handles: 2dr Roadmaster, Super or Coupe de Ville - 1954-1956

Fr. Buick

I had a nice pair re-chromed, and they are bubbling up under the chrome - I never saw this before.  The chroming was done only 6 months ago, and have never been put back on the car.

I am looking for a good second pair, please, in case I run into problems with my originals and a second attempt at chroming - now at a new shop.

Grateful for any help,

Doug Cook

Doug,

Good luck finding those! Took me over a year to find some when I was restoring a '56 Super convertible last year. I think I bought one or two extras, just to hoard in case I ever needed them again, knowing how hard they are to find. Will look for them when I get some time next week.

Pete Phillips, BCA #7338

• Thanks 1

Hey Pete,

If you or someone can PM me some pics of the front of handle as if walking to the car, I can look also and I consider 50's handles new so I do not really try and remember the applications 😆 but with decent pics and even measurements or part number I would look in the abyss to see if I have some. So what is the difference between coupe 2 door and four doors ? and the years are 1954-56 Buick Roadmaster and Super?

Regards

Rich

thehandleman@comcast.net

On 1/19/2022 at 3:17 PM, thehandleman said:

Hey Pete,

If you or someone can PM me some pics of the front of handle as if walking to the car, I can look also and I consider 50's handles new so I do not really try and remember the applications 😆 but with decent pics and even measurements or part number I would look in the abyss to see if I have some. So what is the difference between coupe 2 door and four doors ? and the years are 1954-56 Buick Roadmaster and Super?

Regards

Rich

thehandleman@comcast.net

The difference is the angle of the sheet metal where the handle meets the door.  30-40-degree angle on the two-door models; nearly straight up and down on the four-door models.

• Like 1

Pete,

I have over 45k handles if I cannot see what the handle shape and design looks like from front walking to the car as if it is mounted to the door, I cannot find the handle in my many many hundreds of crates. the angle means nothing until I can locate a Buick handle for year and model.  Just trying to help out.

later