StudeLS3

Parts for sale from a 1929 Studebaker Victoria:

straight 8 engine, generator w/water pump,intake and exhaust manifolds, distributor with spare caps, fuel pumps, extra 8 cyl. head, tested radiator and fan, starter, 1 set brake shoes, complete front suspension, complete rear axle, rear axle shaft, bell housing, steering wheel and column, clutch and brake pedals, and some misc. small parts

Parts are located in Zeeland Michigan. I am trying to find information on how much these parts are worth but can't find much on things this old. The engine, I was told was overhauled approx. 35 years ago, was reinstalled in the car and never run. The engine was in Victoria and if it is the big or small 8, I have no idea. I am sure the engine would have to be disassembled. The bearings might be OK but I am sure the cylinders will need work. I will try to find out if it is the big or small 8. 

Thank you

On 1/14/2022 at 6:25 PM, StudeLS3 said:

The casting # is 157457  2

3/29     I could not find a stamped number. Maybe someone can tell me where to look.

Here are pictures of the 1929 President 8 and Commander 8 engines.   I have circled the location of the stamped engine number for both engines.  If the President is a 1929 the stamped engine number will begin with "FE"   A 1929 Commander 8 stamped engine number will begin with "FD"

President 8 Engine.jpg

Commander 8 Engine.jpg

• Like 1

On 1/17/2022 at 1:41 PM, Mark Huston said:

Here are pictures of the 1929 President 8 and Commander 8 engines.   I have circled the location of the stamped engine number for both engines.  If the President is a 1929 the stamped engine number will begin with "FE"   A 1929 Commander 8 stamped engine number will begin with "FD"

President 8 Engine.jpg

Commander 8 Engine.jpg