Anyone in San Antonio,Texas area?

wildcatsrule

Hi I'm looking at a car in San Antonio and I'm not having much luck with the appraisal companies.

They either want a fortune or don't have anyone available in the area. Does anyone live in the vicinity that could look at a car for me? 

Just trying to determine the extent of the rust on the body as well as the condition of the undercarriage and frame. 

I can reimburse for fuel and your time if necessary.

Just thought I'd check

Thanks David

The Alamo BCA chapter is in San Antonio...... check with the info listed in the Bugle and the director might be able to help.  

I am also contacting a fellow I know there to see if he would look at it for you.   

I am 2 hours north of San Antonio or I might be interested. 

Sending you a PM with the fellows phone number. 

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks to everyone for your offers of help. I found someone to go do an appraisal, which ended up being less informative than I had hoped it would be, but I still was able to get enough information to make my decision. Buick people are the best!😉

Yes I'm going to buy the car. I'm in the process of putting a deal together. More details to follow.

Sorry for being so mysterious, but I'd rather share the details once its a done deal.

This is a unique vehicle for a number of reasons, so stay tuned!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

• 3 weeks later...

Here's my big score. 1968 Buick Wildcat custom coupe. This is a former GM executive car. This is one of the most loaded 68 Wildcats I've ever seen. In '68 it was purchased by the Frigidaire division of GM. While it was owned by Frigidaire, the agreement was that GM could borrow the car to do testing with it on the oval track. There is evidence of modifications to the engine and transmission to enhance performance. One of the Frigidaire engineers that drove the car while they owned it, bought it when it came off of the company car program in the fall of '68. He owned the car for 15 years. He retired to Texas and sold the car to the gentleman that I purchased the car from in 1983. I received extensive documentation to back up the history-window sticker, build sheet, protect-o-plate, transfer of warranty from Frigidaire, plus loads of receipts. I had to do an interview with the previous owner to be deemed worthy of being the car's next caretaker. I assured him that any restoration work would be done back to factory specs. It is a worthy restoration candidate and I am beyond thrilled to have it!

IMG_1265.jpeg

IMG_1268.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 2/23/2022 at 7:54 AM, JohnD1956 said:

What are all the options? 

It would take less time just to say what it doesn't have! But here goes-vinyl top, chrome wheels, dual exhaust, cornering lights, buckets and console with floor shift and tach, power driver's seat, power windows, power door locks, power antenna, A/C with automatic climate control, factory disc brakes (first full size 68 I've ever seen with them!) tilt, cruise, speed alert, clock, factory AM/FM stereo with 8 track player, custom shoulder and seat belts, courtesy light, tinted glass, trunk light, floor mats, door edge guards, star wars air cleaner....and I'm probably forgetting something! 

• Thanks 4

5 minutes ago, TxBuicks said:

I have not seen a Star Wars Air Cleaner on anything but 1967.

GM was doing experiments with this car. The car came with three air cleaners-the "Star Wars" one, a stock one and and a stock one that was modified with two snorkels and a chrome lid. 

• Like 1

On 2/22/2022 at 5:53 PM, EmTee said:

Wow!  Nice Wildcat and great story.  Consider starting a "Me and My Buick" thread on this car...

I took your advice and started a thread in "Me and My Buick." Same two pictures-that's all I have right now.

• Like 1

Awesome - I'm sure I speak for others when I say it would really be interesting to see the GM paperwork that you received with the car.  Having a nicely optioned Wildcat is great; having one with the GM provenance takes it to another level!  ;)

• Like 1