35 Buick brake switch adjustment

Buick35

I replied to a similar topic on this Buick forum (think it was about seat belts originally...).  On my 1934 Mopars where I have added a third brake light in the rear window (an absolute must IMHO when you are driving with original tail lights in today's traffic) I have installed a 'T' fitting at the rear hard line to flex line connection for the rear brake lines.  This gives you an easily removeable (if thought necessary for judging, although most don't object to this type of modification) fitting with an extra port.  Use a screw in hydraulic brake switch, run by a separate power feed with an in-line fuse.  This gives you basically a redundant brake light system and does not cause the problems sometimes experienced (I call it 'flash through') when you are running turn signals through original two-filament rear tail lights and install a third brake light on the same circuit.  For faster response, I would first make sure there is no slop in the pedal linkage and, if your 35 Buick has a hydraulic, screw in brake switch in the original brake lines, some of the aftermarket wiring suppliers (Ron Francis, etc.) have switches that activate at a lower line pressure, which should give you faster response.  SMB 

Sorry, I thought Buick had gone to hydraulics in 35, last guy I was discussing this topic had a 38 Buick.  With mechanicals, I guess you are stuck with taking the slop out of the mechanical linkage or putting the switch further 'upstream' in the linkage so that it moves as soon as the pedal moves.  SMB