Can you I.D. this Model T Ford Engine Conversion?

dustycrusty

Price seems reasonable enough for someone in the area. Probably from a car , but could just as easily be converted to marine. Car transmission. Sounds like the seller just wants it gone. Hard to say if they would let someone take it apart and see how thrashed the internals are. But you never really know until you start to do crack detection. Could be a great deal, and could be an expensive paperweight.

41 minutes ago, rocketraider said:

Rajo and Frontenac are the only ones I know of. 3 exhaust ports looks more like a Frontenac. This could well be a backyard racer's product. We have to remember there were a lot of talented and innovative people back then. 

It's not a Fronty. The cam cover is wrong.

SO_Fronty.jpg

The Google search lead me to this very cool page, but unfortunately no sign of the OP's engine.

Edited by joe_padavano (see edit history)

This is my Frontenac Model SR head on Model T Ford block with Green Engineering gear driven OHC. Used in race cars but also in boats because chain drive is prone to throwing the chain when engine speed changes too rapidly. That is when the boat hops out of the water and the propellor unloads and reloads. 

green assembly a.JPG

green assembly c.JPG

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, rocketraider said:

Dare we mention that the Frontenac high-performance Ford head was made by...

THE CHEVROLET BROTHERS?😳

As long as we can say that a LOT of Model T parts were made by the Dodge brothers....

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

29 minutes ago, keiser31 said:

As long as we can say that a LOT of Model T parts were made by the Dodge brothers....

There were way more Model Ts made after the Dodge Brothers stopped making parts for Ford around 1914 and only made some parts, not all. It would  be more true that the Dodge Brothers excellent shop did contribute to the success of Ford and the Ford products.

The Chevrolet brothers name on Frontenac is more an endorsement than their direct involvement because of racing and was not connected to Chevrolet or GM companies.

Edited by Mark Gregush (see edit history)
  • Like 1