1964 LeSabre Station Wagon **WOW ** $23,850 - Not Mine

(3) Marketplace - 1964 Buick LeSabre Custom Sedan 4D | Facebook

Seller's Description

1964 Buick LeSabre 2 seat Station Wagon. Built on Wildcat chassis with 401 nailhead V8 and turbo 400 transmission, which have both been rebuilt. Optional exterior trim package, and western interior. P/S P/B factory A/C. Solid western car, body on restoration in 2017. Repainted in original Desert Beige finish. The car attracts a lot of attention on the road and at car shows. Message seller or Jack at

No photo description available.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Good questions.  I think it was, but by special order only and then not sure any were built.  I would need Ted Nagel, maybe Pete Phillips who a similar historian to comment.  

Western themed interiors were a thing in 1959-1962 but again not sure for 1964.  I no longer have my sales catalogs and brochures for old cars.   

All 64 wagons were built on a Wildcat chassis. Frankly, I did not know it was different.  The GS emblems are easily removed per the seller.  Seller states the seat bottoms were redone. I believe he said the door bottoms were redone.   He was polite and helpful in his response.  

There isn’t likely another one like it.  A 2x4 Super Wildcat with TH400 wagon with (mostly) original interior and overall low miles.  The Wildcat wheels look great.  

He is asking $23,000 or so. It’s been repainted so that means $6,000 to $10,000.  Motor and transmission both rebuilt.  $10,000 with upgrades.  This is a reasonable price in my opinion.  

I personally like tans, creams and brown.  That is perhaps the only drawback.  Yes it would look more sinister in black or red.  

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 3/1/2022 at 6:34 PM, auburnseeker said:

Looks like a dealer is trying to flip it for a near 100% profit.

I see that the dealer is hoping for $46,677.

In my opinion, exorbitant mark-ups like this hurt the 

hobby.  Trying for an immediate 100% profit on such

an item makes the dealer look greedy and untrustworthy.

I appreciate a modest mark-up by a sincere and honest dealer.

Edited by John_S_in_Penna (see edit history)
  • Like 5

A friend and local BCA member in Chicagoland Club has same car named "Lemon Drop" little different color, was at the 2017 National, and another friend has a 1963 Wagon in light blue and has a factory 4 Speed and factory A/C, both very cool cars.

Bob

Edited by NailheadBob (see edit history)
  • Like 1