For Sale: 1966 AMC Ambassador 990 4dr Sedan, A/C - $5,000 - White Haven, PA - Not Mine

For Sale: 1966 AMC Ambassador 990 4dr Sedan, A/C - $5,000 - White Haven, PA

1966 AMC Ambassador 990 4Dr - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle... (craigslist.org)

Seller's Description:

This 1966 American Motors Ambassador is in very good shape with 60890 miles on it. The car purrs like a kitten when running. The only thing I know it needs is some brake work. They stop, but not at all well if you are going over 20 mph. Could be lines or just need to be bled. I don't work on the car. As you can see from the photos, it has all the chrome. I have an extra hood, 2 brand new in the box original taillight lenses even though the ones on are in perfect condition. I have 2 extra rear taillight frames as well. They are hard to get and when I found both the lens and the guards, I just purchased them. This car was in a couple car shows last summer and did win a trophy for original survivor. Look at the photos. I don't really want to sell it but have another toy I play with more and this baby needs someone to play with as I work a lot and don't have the time. Great for someone who knows how to do the work or not. You'd have to trailer it until the brakes are done. The front driver's seat has tears in the seams, but I have extra original seat material for someone to repair the tears.

Copy and paste in your email: fc467375e2263af18801c475738a1b63@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1966 AMC Ambassador 990 4dr Sedan with A/C.

'66 AMC Ambassador 990 4Dr PA a.jpg

'66 AMC Ambassador 990 4Dr PA b.jpg

'66 AMC Ambassador 990 4Dr PA c.jpg

'66 AMC Ambassador 990 4Dr PA d.jpg

'66 AMC Ambassador 990 4Dr PA e.jpg

'66 AMC Ambassador 990 4Dr PA f.jpg

'66 AMC Ambassador 990 4Dr PA g.jpg

'66 AMC Ambassador 990 4Dr PA h.jpg

'66 AMC Ambassador 990 4Dr PA i.jpg

'66 AMC Ambassador 990 4Dr PA j.jpg

• Like 3

7 hours ago, plymouthcranbrook said:

Looks pretty good. I am assuming a 290 or 343?  You could use it regularly if as advertised after fixing the brakes.

The 290 and 343 were the next generation V8 that would arrive with the 1967 models.  Although the six cylinder was the base engine, the 327 V8 was optional, and most Ambassador were so equipped, except plain-jane 880 models.   The six-cylinder Ambassador had been reinstituted for 1965, the last being 1956 Nash Ambassadors.

The Standard Catalog of Independents, Edited by Kowalke, notes that only 12.1% of 1966 AMC production had air conditioning. If this Ambassador checks out to be as good in the metal it looks in photos, it's a screaming deal for a summer daily driver.

• Thanks 1