For Sale: 1970 Lincoln Continental Mark III - $6,000 - Dumont, NJ - Project - Not Mine - Still Available, Same $6,000 Price, More Information and Photos: February 2022;

For Sale: 1970 Lincoln Continental Mark III - $6,000 - Dumont, NJ - Project - Still Available, Same $6,000 Price, More Information and Photos: February 2022; See New Link Below:

1970 Lincoln Continental Mark III - cars & trucks - by owner -... (craigslist.org)
Seller's Description:

For sale in Dumont, NJ 07628 is a 1970 Lincoln Continental Mark III. I have owned the car since 2018. It is brown with brown vinyl roof. Car has ~51,000 miles and is currently registered in NJ with Antique QQ plates. With the exception of photos of the manifold gaskets the pics included are generally not very recent, though they are a good representation of the car as it is today and identify areas of concern. The car has been routinely run and lightly driven.
Mechanical work I have done includes a copper radiator re-core in 2019 from AutoCool in Hackensack. The timing chain has also been replaced withing a couple hundred miles. The exhaust system needs replacement; the manifolds are free from cracks, and I have new metal gaskets to use with new pipes. The brake fluid does need occasional re-topping. I also have brand new shocks waiting to be installed.
The body has rust in the common spot at the back of the vinyl roof, and small spots elsewhere. The paint may be original, and it was originally my intent to get it re-done. Some spots have been touched up with black POR-15 rust preventative paint while the car was outside, the car is now garaged.
The interior is in good condition. The driver's seat cushion was repaired and reinforced last year. The steering wheel was also refinished professionally, to like new condition; however, the new finish has not held up as expected.
Miscellaneous extra parts include a spare windshield wiper switch, an intermittent windshield wiper switch, various small interior trim pieces, replacement ignition points, headlight bulbs, manuals, a can of R-12, and the earlier mentioned shocks and exhaust gaskets.
Reply with a number I can text if interested.

Copy and paste in your email: e95368820b083d308c80260e3043fe3b@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1970 Lincoln Continental Mark III - Project.

'70 Lincoln Continental Mark III NJ a.jpg

'70 Lincoln Continental Mark III NJ b.jpg

'70 Lincoln Continental Mark III NJ c.jpg

'70 Lincoln Continental Mark III NJ d.jpg

'70 Lincoln Continental Mark III NJ f.jpg

'70 Lincoln Continental Mark III NJ e.jpg

'70 Lincoln Continental Mark III NJ g.jpg

'70 Lincoln Continental Mark III NJ h.jpg

'70 Lincoln Continental Mark III NJ i.jpg

'70 Lincoln Continental Mark III NJ j.jpg

'70 Lincoln Continental Mark III NJ k.jpg

Edited by 58L-Y8
Still Available, Same $6,000 Price, More Information and Photos: February 2022; Crossed out the dead CL link, (see edit history)
  • Like 1

That rust under the vinyl top is a real killer. It's one of those things that is best not to disturb until it's going to be properly fixed. If ever. I've seen too many cars where the owner rips off the top and never does anything after that. The interior looks good and it's straight. If I owned a body shop I'd think about buying it. I used to love these cars.

• Like 1

Really cool. I still love these. The roof rust, however, reminds me of how fortunate I am to have no signs of rust or rot under the vinyl top of my '60's Ford. I will have to replace that top due to wear, so we'll see how rust free it really is when the time comes. 

• 58L-Y8 changed the title to For Sale: 1970 Lincoln Continental Mark III - $6,000 - Dumont, NJ - Project - Not Mine - Still Available, Same $6,000 Price, More Information and Photos: February 2022;

Still Available, Same $6,000 Price, More Information and Photos: February 2022;

1970 Lincoln Continental Mark III - cars & trucks - by owner -... (craigslist.org)

For sale in Dumont, NJ 07628 is a 1970 Lincoln Continental Mark III. I have owned the car since 2018. It is brown with brown vinyl roof. Car has ~51,000 miles, and is currently registered in NJ with Antique QQ plates. With the exception of photos of the manifold gaskets the pics included are generally not very recent, though they are a good representation of the car as it is today and identify areas of concern. The car has been routinely run and lightly driven. It has some less common options including cruise control (marketed as "speed control"), a tilt steering wheel, and the auto dimming high beam headlight sensor mounted towards the rear of the driver's front fender; though they aren't working at the moment. Also to note is the interesting "Sure Track" early ABS system.
I am at least the third owner. Past owner had the car from 2003 to 2018 and garaged it at his vacation home. Next previous owner was located in Massillon, Ohio and sold the car on eBay. According to the door tag codes, this Mark was originally ordered by a DC area dealer, so presumably I am the ~3-4th or more owner. I have not found the production sheet, typically found in the seat or buried behind the dash, but comprehensive build info is available with a Marti report.
Mechanical work I have done includes a copper radiator re-core in 2019 from AutoCool in Hackensack. The timing chain has also been replaced with a double roller type in the past a couple hundred miles. The exhaust system needs replacement; the manifolds are free from cracks and I have new metal gaskets to use with new pipes. The brake fluid does need occasional re-topping. I also have brand new shocks waiting to be installed. The 4300 Autolite Carburetor needs a "dashpot" as far as I know; that being a piece that slows the closing of the vanes for smoother running and better efficiency. A battery shot off nut has also been installed.
The body has rust in the common spot at the back of the vinyl roof, and in spots elsewhere. The paint may be original, though it is old enough to have blistered in many places. It was originally my intent to get it re-done, so some spots have been touched up with black POR-15 rust preventative paint while the car was outside, the car is now garaged. The vinyl roof also appears that it was originally white, but painted brown by a previous owner.
The interior is in good condition. The driver's seat cushion was repaired and reinforced last year. The seat motors and switches all work but could use a tune up. The windows all work, except for the rear driver's side b-pillar sliding window (though it can be gently moved back and forth by hand in conjunction with the switch). The steering wheel was also refinished professionally, to like new condition; however the new finish has not held up as expected. The rim-blow horn switch was replaced around the same time as the refinishing, and still works good. I have the steering wheel pad removed at the moment. The steering wheel needs to be re-centered, and the dash board reinstalled. I removed it to look for the build sheet, but don't want to reinstall solo since its too big a piece for me to try that confidently.
Miscellaneous extra parts include a spare windshield wiper switch, an intermittent windshield wiper switch, various small interior trim pieces like some extra small wood pieces and plastic knobs, replacement ignition points, headlight bulbs, manuals, two cans of R-12, and the earlier mentioned shocks and exhaust gaskets. Also included is a vintage diagnosis tool. I may also throw in a timing light, though I am unsure.
Reply with a number I can text if interested. Feel free to ask any questions!

Copy and paste in your email: 33f821c50ea1374ab11c79160cc25b94@sale.craigslist.org