1965 Oldsmobile 98 Convertible - $29,995 - Not Mine

So, I posted that really sad 1965 300L Chrysler project, I need to balance that out with a really nice car now - 

(1) Marketplace - 1965 Oldsmobile Oldsmobile 98 | Facebook

No photo description available.

Seller's Description

Here is the 1965 Oldsmobile 98 Two door. Its in good condition and runs good. Come check it out at John Deery Motors. Its a convertible which works. Let me know if you have any questions. Our address is 6823 University Ave Cedar Falls, IA 50613. Ask for Mitchel When here.

• Like 3

I go back to this one often.  I believe it is over priced.  Not even Cadillac 62 series convertible drivers go for $30,000.  But it is pretty, and if the mileage is correct, it may be a nice car.  A couple of notes - didn't ALL 1965 Oldsmobiles have 14 inch wheels like the Pontiacs and Chevy's or am I incorrect?  One reason I always gravitated to Cadillacs and Buicks, were the 15 inch wheels. 

2.  That appears to be a vinyl interior, a bit worn color wise but is that correct?  I believe Buick Electras would still be leather interiors in 1965, Cadillacs too.  But I believe later in the 60's Buick Electras may not have had leather standard in convertibles.  

Anyway, like I said, I go back and look at this quite often.  Being at a dealer they are likely not that interested in lowering the price to move it out.  Because there is no new car inventory to replace it.   Dealers lots are still bare.  It can sit there, they are likely thinking.  

What is a good price all things considered?  $22,000?  

That deep Aqua color with white top and interior sells it for me.  I would be hard pressed to own only ONE collector car, and generally do not look at Oldsmobiles.  It's nothing personal towards Oldsmobiles, I just analyze them as much as Cadillacs, Buicks and Lincolns.  

EVERYONE should own a 1960's GM (for me) full size convertible.  Top down, thunderstorm off in the distance, twilight, nothing beats it.  Or a nice sunny crisp fall driving day.  I used to be a Mazda-Subaru technician and worked on Miatas, and I have owned 3 Buick Reatta convertibles.   Meh.  I always felt like if I tilted my head to take in the scenery I would run off the road, because you sit so far down in those micro convertibles, you do not get the "convertible" experience.  

These full sizers, you get the smells of cut grass or wet leaves, fireworks look awesome from the back seat.  

Jake :

I remember my dad's 1964 98 as having 14" wheels. I do believe the 65s went back up to 15".

I remember these as used cars on the lot of the Olds dealer I worked for in 1974. Lots of Western PA rust. I always had to work on the fender skirts to have enough metal to hang them on again. The rear bumpers rusted out quickly. Most had the front springs sagging a bit. We had to install the snap in spring helpers to pick up the front end a bit. This example is quite attractive though.