What have we here…..1954 Chev 4500 School Bus……definitely not mine! - $9,999 - Taylor’s Falls MN.

This seems so far out there that it may actually be cool? My apologies for posting if this does not quite fit the parameters of this forum. Found on Facebook, where you can now find most anything!

1954 Chevrolet Chevrolet City Express
$9,999
Listed 3 hours ago in Taylors Falls, MN
About This Vehicle
Driven 10,000 miles
Automatic transmission
Exterior color: Blue · Interior color: Black
Fuel type: Gasoline
Seller's Description1954 chevy C4500 short school bus. The bus has been chopped 7+" swaped on to a 1979 chevy C4500 cab and chassis frame 161" W/B. It has a 350 5.7 v8 and TH400 tranny. Hard and heavy work is done. the project will need to be finished. If you have more questions please call 651 TWO Zero 8 six0twoEight. Please call the number. I'm listing it for a friend. Thanks.

BE37F53C-5570-40C8-9D39-D5CAC780BB06.jpeg

EB80687E-BC5A-42D6-AA49-A1337A5B0B98.jpeg

Edited by Jeff Perkins / Mn
Changed title (see edit history)
  • Haha 1

• Jeff Perkins / Mn changed the title to What have we here…..1954 Chev 4500 School Bus……definitely not mine! - $9,999 - Taylor’s Falls MN.

definitely not mine!

😄 Who would've believed that chopping the top on a school bus didn't make it look cool? What's a person supposed to do with something like that? Turning it into an RV is out...restricted vision could be a problem. Same with a church bus. It probably does have less wind resistance on the highway, though.

How come I see way more chopped projects for sale than completed chopped cars?  And they almost always say things like “hard and heavy work is done,” yet there’s no glass?

Wait, I know this one: it’s because the sawzall is the easy part!  Making it look good is hard. And glass!  Curved glass is ridiculously hard to cut to fit a chop, especially when it’s 50+ years old. At least this one is all flat glass. Albeit a lot of it. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 58L-Y8 said:

no taller that five feet to stand up in this contraption...

I will bet less than that.

I cant stand all the way up in a modern school bus. They are made to transport children.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Gearheadengineer said:

How come I see way more chopped projects for sale than completed chopped cars?  And they almost always say things like “hard and heavy work is done,” yet there’s no glass?

Wait, I know this one: it’s because the sawzall is the easy part!  Making it look good is hard. And glass!  Curved glass is ridiculously hard to cut to fit a chop, especially when it’s 50+ years old. At least this one is all flat glass. Albeit a lot of it. 

My first vehicle was a 65 f100 that was a hand me down from my older brother. It was hot rodded, had a 'vette 350 motor, 4 speed trans, mag wheels the whole shebang. When I got the truck I desperately wanted to give it a chop. I was really into the NSRA at that time in my life. The guy that did the paint job was an old school body and paint guy from the 50's. He was on board with doing the job and I was all ready to go. He told me to go to all of the junkyards and get as many windshields as I could because he would probably ruin a dozen before he could get one cut down. Even then there was no guarantee. I quickly changed my mind.

• Like 1