Leon Bollee Help Needed

Also looking into the veteran car certification.

I'm sure the VCCGB do this already, and I think they would be the foremost authority on this. Because of the big difference in value of a Brighton-era car --pre 1904-- and a post 1905 car, the VCCGB go to great lengths before they certify whether a vehicle is Brighton eligible (pre 1904 or post 1905). They go as far as using various metallurgy techniques to verify the authenticity of a chassis. In the past, some people have tried to pass off/disguise a post 1905 vehicle as being earlier, just to sell it for a higher value.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Craig Gillingham said:

I'm sure the VCCGB do this already, and I think they would be the foremost authority on this. Because of the big difference in value of a Brighton-era car --pre 1904-- and a post 1905 car, the VCCGB go to great lengths before they certify whether a vehicle is Brighton eligible (pre 1904 or post 1905). They go as far as using various metallurgy techniques to verify the authenticity of a chassis. In the past, some people have tried to pass off/disguise a post 1905 vehicle as being earlier, just to sell it for a higher value.

I have  just started to talk with a gentleman about the various options and process.

• Like 1