Source for aluminum rain gutter molding with flap

Tom Boehm

I am looking for a source for J shaped aluminum rain gutter molding with the flap that folds down over the nail heads. I am restoring a woodie station wagon and the original was like this. Bob's Automobilia Buick parts used to carry it but does not anymore. The J shaped molding is available without the flap but that is not what I am looking for. 

I am aware of L&L. He has one version in the catalog but not the one I need. I'm not sure he is still in business. 

3macboys I found a Morris Minor parts source in England that sells the molding I want. I want to find a source in USA. I guess I will search the internet some more. Any Morris Minor Travelall owners out there know of an American source?

Another snag in the situation is that I need this molding in 10 foot lengths. I talked to Bob's Automobilia Buick parts a while back and he said his supplier stopped making it and he does not remember the suppliers name. It seems Morris Minor Travelall woodie station wagons use this style of molding. Those sources sell it in 7 foot lengths only. A vendor gave me the name of his supplier in England, Charles Ware's. I emailed him to see if I could get it in longer lengths and if it is practical to ship it from England. 

Some prewar American cars used this molding and it was reproduced in America sometime. I was hoping to track down the American source. 

If none of this is possible I will just use the plain aluminum J molding with exposed screw heads. That is available. Reasonable. 

I used the j moulding and aluminum shingle nails and with the right size of drill bit was able to nail the moulding on and by the time you drive the . Aluminum nailes home they blend right in and pill the holes very good a little paint on the moulding you can't see the nails at all moulding came from one of the Modle A  stores. Mike

• Like 1

• 2 months later...