1965 mercury 9 passenger, colony park wagon - $12,900 (santa cruz, CA) not mine

1965 mercury 9 passenger, colony park wagon - $12,900 (santa cruz, CA) not mine       (541) 659-8697

[24 pictures on CL post]

Very nice, rare 9 passenger station wagon, highly optioned, with factory air conditioning, power front seat, power windows, including rear, power steering, power brakes, remote mirror, optional roof rack, optional spinner hub caps,, # matching strong running, 390 c.i. 2 barrel carburetor,, three speed automatic, nice, repaint in original color of white,,, beautiful factory red interior, most everything works, am radio, low, high beam, brake lites, turn signals, all dome lites, dash lites, the air conditioning is functional, but needs to be serviced,, the car is currently in the upholstery shop, getting a small tear in drivers seat repaired, and a small spot on headliner fixed as well, this is a southern California area car with very minimal rust, small bubbles at one spot on right front door, this is an honest solid car, THE WOOD GRAIN WAS DONE A WHILE BACK, AND LOOKS GREAT, NO SUN FADING,,,, DEFINITELY NOT A RUST BUCKET!! IT'S VERY RELIABLE, AND STARTS INSTANTLY, EVERY TIME, GET IN AND GO, AND IT GETS MORE ATENTION THAN MY 68' VETTE, LOOK OUT CLARK GRISWOLD,,, THIS THING IS VERY COOL, AND YOU WILL NOT COME ACROSS ANOTHER LIKE IT! IT WAS APPRISED YEAR'S, AGO FOR 22-K,,, MY PRICE IS 12.900,,, THANKS FOR LOOKING!! F.Y I. I HAVE A BRAND NEW SET OF 15" × 7" AMERICAN TORQUE thrust WHEELS, IN BOXES, IF DESIRED, THEY ARE NOT THE UGLY GREY CENTERED ONES, THESE ARE THE CORECT AS ORGINAL, EXCEPT THEY HAVE CONICAL LUG NUTS,,,

00909_iqGD5PIwbYgz_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg00N0N_2sElbQiToQtz_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg00K0K_7DSixPimONaz_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

• Like 2

If it's being flipped, it's not at a big margin, at least. I love wagons, but I still have an old school mindset that they should be less money than non-wagons. That isn't based on reality, however...just a mindset built on decades of looking at used cars. However, I'm now seeing many old wagons like this in the same condition with asking prices of $25 - 30k, and that's even less realistic than I am (in my opinion.) 

Edited by JamesR (see edit history)

I remember this car. In the previous post the interior rear section looked pretty scruffy. For the increase in price, I hope that the flipper cleaned that up. I do like the car. When I sell my Buick my next car will be a wagon, or an Olds. 

• 2 weeks later...