WTB- 1957 Roadmaster Six Way Power Seat Relay

364nailhead

Try to solder the terminal pin back onto the relay, by cleaning both the relay and terminal pin with wire brush, and use a liberal amount of soldering paste first, then apply solder to make them both connect, OR if terminal pin is missing solder a wire (close to the same size wire that attached to the relay connector) and route to outside of harness plug, so when harness attached to relay, use a 3m scotch lock fold on connector to attach wire just soldered on to harness connector.

Also, maybe only difference in relays for 6 way power seats is the outer metal shell on how it attaches to vehicle?

I e-mailed car-part.com to see if they had a used relay, i am waiting for reply.

Bob

• Thanks 1

364nailhead,

One of my calls for N.O.S. Delco / A C / G M items has one (1) of them

*** N.O.S. ***

He is not shy with his prices, however, and there is a High likelihood that it will be $ 250 - $ 300 or more...... 

If you have any interest,

Always best to simply call me--- 516 - 485 - 1935 --- Craig.....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Oddly enough, I have to find one of these myself.  I just looked for power seat relays that had the same "footprint" as the original.  Found these new:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/233357431857

It has a different mounting tab, but you can still mount it in the same spot.  It's the SAME relay!  Don't be fooled by "4 way", etc....all the relay does is power the motor back and forth.  It has nothing to do with how many directions the seat goes. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Smartin said:

Oddly enough, I have to find one of these myself.  I just looked for power seat relays that had the same "footprint" as the original.  Found these new:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/233357431857

It has a different mounting tab, but you can still mount it in the same spot.  It's the SAME relay!  Don't be fooled by "4 way", etc....all the relay does is power the motor back and forth.  It has nothing to do with how many directions the seat goes. 

I was going to buy this relay until I contacted the seller to see if it would work on the '57. He told me the relay would not work. Made for 61-66.

So, I cancelled the order. I'm not doubting your word Smartin. Same footprint, just a different metal casing and tab connection.

I chatted with Lance about it too, he thought it should work with the prong configuration... 

On 1/8/2022 at 9:12 PM, Smartin said:

After about a week and half of wondering what would work and not work. I bought this relay along with the wire loom intact. BUT! I did do what NailheadBob suggested to do solder a piece of wire where the prong was.. It works! At least for now. The motor operates fine forward and backwards.

IMG_20220119_053018077.jpg

• Like 3