For Sale: 1963 Rambler Classic 660 station wagon, 6 cyl, manual shift - $8,950 - Conway, AR - Not Mine - Still Available, Price Reduced to $7,950: January 2022:

For Sale: 1963 Rambler Classic 660 station wagon, 6 cyl, manual shift - $8,950 - Conway, AR - Still Available, Price Reduced to $7,950: January 2022: See New Link Below:

1963 Rambler Wagon - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle automotive... (craigslist.org)
Seller's Description:

1963 Rambler Classic 660 station wagon, 6-cylinder, three speed standard on the tree, runs, drives, stops. New fuel tank, electric fuel pump and regulator, muffler, recent brake work, the interior is original and still wears the dealer installed seat covers, original upholstery under it seems in very good condition. Odometer works and reads 61,581, believed to be actual but no proof or guarantee of that. The engine runs smooth until it warms up and then develops a rough idle.
Copy and paste in your email:  7fd601558ea5389e92d3f49d0a166543@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1963 Rambler Classic 660 station wagon.

'63 Rambler Classic 660 SW  AR a.jpg

'63 Rambler Classic 660 SW  AR b.jpg

'63 Rambler Classic 660 SW  TN c.jpg

'63 Rambler Classic 660 SW  TN d.jpg

'63 Rambler Classic 660 SW  TN e.jpg

'63 Rambler Classic 660 SW  TN f.jpg

'63 Rambler Classic 660 SW  TN g.jpg

'63 Rambler Classic 660 SW  TN h.jpg

Edited by 58L-Y8
Still Available, Price Reduced to $7,950: January 2022:Crossed out the dead CL link, (see edit history)
  • Like 3

Now that is super cool. I love wagons and AMC products so this is right up my alley. Thankfully I am far away.

The original seats do look good under those seat covers. But if that is true, why doesn’t the seller pull them off?

Not enough info to troubleshoot.  I’d look at choke release, coil/spark, and maybe timing. Could be as simple as an idle mixture adjustment or maybe carb needs rebuild. If compression is good it shouldn’t be too hard to figure out. 

• Like 1

I agree that choke is the first place to look. Also, I've had vacuum related rough idles that revealed themselves after the car warmed up, though many times it can be the opposite of that.

I really like the looks of the car. Paint looks good at first glance, but there might be over spray in front wheelhouses. OTOH, it looks like they did a decent job in the door jamb areas.

This could be a cool and practical car for a small business. Like maybe a bed and breakfast or something.

• 58L-Y8 changed the title to For Sale: 1963 Rambler Classic 660 station wagon, 6 cyl, manual shift - $8,950 - Conway, AR - Not Mine - Still Available, Price Reduced to $7,950: January 2022: