For Sale - 1968 Pontiac GTO - one owner, but not a cherry - Not Mine

Dosmo

• Dosmo changed the title to For Sale - 1968 Pontiac GTO - one owner, but not a cherry - Not Mine

5 hours ago, Jim Skelly said:

That was an attractive and popular color combination (Verdoro Green).  It's very rough for a Tulsa car.  I wonder where it spent most of its life.

Outdoors apparently.

Man, I know GTO's and do all my own work, but if the seller cut the price in half, I still wouldn't bite.  

Entry level would need to be "free" to make this one work and in the end, like alsancle says, it's still gonna be an automatic column shift, which just screams "mom's car" instead of "muscle car".

It would cost a fortune to restore it.  A person would be better off paying for one already restored unless he/she owned a collision shop.  A lot of metal replacement is needed, plus upholstery, dashboard, and who knows what mechanical work is needed.  I wouldn't take it for free.

• Like 1

I wouldnt be afraid of that car at all. Heck, I have and will start off with a lot worse!!  I would be interested if it was more in the $5k-$7k range though. These cars kind of cars arent all that bad to restore, most of the parts can be had with the right catalogue.